User

Default Example required of successfull motivation for a Licence for a 9mm Pistol

Good Day All

I am looking for a example of a motivation letter that had succsessfully been used for a 9mm pistol licence?

I have read through the previous threads but it seems that no one is willing to share in their good fortune.

Can someone please assist?

Thanx

Walters

User

Default Re: Example required of successfull motivation for a Licence for a 9mm Pistol

Hi Walters,

Good fortune has nothing to do with it. I have heard of people getting approved wiith motivations of 50+ pages, and then I have heard of people being approved with 2 pages. It is virtually impossible to use another person's motivation as a guideline. I've tried, and I ended up doing my own thing in the end anyways.

It really isn't such a daunting task:

1. Decide what you want to use your firearm for and stick with that topic. Don't say stuff like "I will use it for self defence, but I may also use it for sport" or vice versa. Pick on, and motivate the crap out of it.
    2. Prove that you can't do XYZ without a firearm, and for that reason you NEED one. Also, provide an explanation as to why you need that particular firearm for that particular need.
    3. Prove that you are a competent, responsible person, and can properly take care of, and safe keep, a firearm.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by cerop
    Hi Walters,

Good fortune has nothing to do with it. I have heard of people getting approved wiith motivations of 50+ pages, and then I have heard of people being approved with 2 pages. It is virtually impossible to use another person's motivation as a guideline. I've tried, and I ended up doing my own thing in the end anyways.

It really isn't such a daunting task:

1. Decide what you want to use your firearm for and stick with that topic. Don't say stuff like "I will use it for self defence, but I may also use it for sport" or vice versa. Pick on, and motivate the crap out of it.
    2. Prove that you can't do XYZ without a firearm, and for that reason you NEED one. Also, provide an explanation as to why you need that particular firearm for that particular need.
    3. Prove that you are a competent, responsible person, and can properly take care of, and safe keep, a firearm.

Good luck
    Perfect advise.

User

Default Re: Example required of successfull motivation for a Licence for a 9mm Pistol

Here is one that my wife used as motivation for a Glock 19. License was approved.

Motivation to posess a firearm for self-defence:

I am the co-owner and current manager of “The Flint and Musket” blackpowder gunshop. (Please see attached CK2 document and BP dealer’s permit). We deal in blackpowder weapons as well as blackpowder, which is classified by law as an explosive. We are allowed to have 40 000 percussion caps as well as 10kg of explosives in our explosives magazine. The fact that we store and sell explosives, makes us a potential target for theft and robbery. Currently, I am the sole employee of “The Flint and Musket” and also look after my six month old child and elderly mother. I also need to do frequent long-distance drives from my shop in Brits to our suppliers who are mostly located in the Johannesburg metropolitan area. The route takes me right through dangerous informal settlements such as Diepsloot, Alexandra, Soweto as well as the Hennops area.

I therefore need the firearm, as I am a woman, and cannot ward off any potential robbers/attackers/hi-jackers, which may pose a threat to me on the road. Especially in instances where I need to change a flat tire or drive long distances at night. (Please see attached newspaper clippings of crime reports in the relevant areas.)

My husband leaves for work at 07:00am in the morning, and only comes back after 18h00 and I am therefore left alone with my infant son and elderly mother for most of the day.

Suitability of chosen firearm:

The Glock 19 is classified as a compact 9mm pistol, it is therefore very small and very easily concealable, perfect for carrying with you on your person all day long, without becoming a burden. Made of Polymer and not metal, it is also extremely light and therefore very easy to handle, especially for a woman.

The Glock 19 is a semi-automatic pistol and is capable of sustaining a high, accurate rate of fire with 17 rounds in the magazine.

I have considered a lot of other brands of firearms, including the Z88, CZ75, STAR model B and Astra. Out of all of my available choices, the Glock 19 was the most suitable weapon for my specific needs.

Suitability of chosen caliber:

I have decided on the 9mm Parabellum, as it is the perfect balance between stopping power, penetration and number of rounds available. Of all the other semi-automatic handgun calibers currently available on the market, the 9mm Parabellum, is the easiest caliber to obtain new rounds. As my husband is already reloading for his CZ75 9mm Parabellum, and has all the relevant reloading equipment available, I fully intend to reload my own ammunition.

Because of my intention to reload my own ammunition for 9mmP, thereby reducing the total cost per bullet, I intend to do a lot of target practice together with my husband.

Once this license has been approved, I fully intend to join the IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association). And therefore intend to become a fully competent female member of the IDPA.
    (Please see attached photos of me shooting my husband’s semi-automatic 9mmP pistol)

My husband and I shoot target at Rashoop military shooting range at least once a month.

Storage and security:

This firearm will be stored in a SAPS approved gun safe when not under my direct control. The safe is manufactured by ”Magnum safes”, is SABS approved and is big enough to accommodate my handgun. Furthermore, the room where the safe is located is secured by a safety steel door and all the windows (even the non-opening ones) are fitted with burglar bars. The home is also protected by Chubb armed reaction. Interesting to note is that Chubb reaction’s local center of operation is no further than 200m from my house. A German Sheppard male dog is also keeping a watchful eye on the property. My parents also live in a flat behind my house. There is therefore almost always someone at home. The whole yard is surrounded by a concrete and palisade fence.
    (Please see attached photo’s of gunsafe)

User

Thank you very much.

I have a general idea of what I want to say, the problem is that I have been warned not to be myself and rewrite the dictionary as I usually do....thus I believe in sticking to the point and motivation the crap out of it.

Thanks alot

User

Quote Originally Posted by Walters View Post
    Thank you very much.

I have a general idea of what I want to say, the problem is that I have been warned not to be myself and rewrite the dictionary as I usually do....thus I believe in sticking to the point and motivation the crap out of it.

Thanks alot
    Great of Mic to offer that copy.Do not try and confuse the okes with mambo-jambo.Kame it readable and it must make sence.

User

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy of one that was approved two weeks ago.

User

Sjoe I had no idea my 19 could take 17 rounds in the standard mag :)

Nice example though.
    Last edited by gizmo16; 27-07-2011 at 16:28.

Banned

could have sworn I listed my motivation on a thread (which was successful)...