Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: SAPS Special Task Force

listen to PARA, he knows his story, no more arguing now, just accept what he has said as fact...

Andy
    I accept that PARA might well be knowledgable on this issue that is not say he is 100% correct on all issues.

One of the corner stones of this site is the promotion of healthy debate and gathering all views and view points.

I too "know my story", and whilst you have limited or no knowledge of what my experience factor is you similiarly have no basis on which to say anothers opinion is right relative to my own.
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

yabba dabba doo...

nahh im not saying that you are less knowledgeble, just backing Para, in that i know when he comments, it is with authority, it is what i have come to expect and would expect nothing less, i on the other hand, when i open my mouth, assume that i have 25% facts and 30% opinion and the rest is just thumb-sucking, im not here to make enemies.

just here to vouch for Para's almighty knowledge that us mere mortals may not challenge, all hail to the  lv29 PARA  lv29

ABHM, lets talk about this over a couple of cold ones  hpy180

somthing that might be important to note...

i put in my reply right after PARA had his say, and when i entered it i saw that you had clinched me but sliding urs in just beofre i posted mine, ie i did not see ur comment after PARA's, so i can see how you would think i was talking to you, i wasnt, was just a general comment in good spirits.....

Please dont hate me, be my friend ::)

hpy180

fair enough I also see now how the comment came in

I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

abhm

You are correct in one indifference we have:

Yes the younger policeman do call their pistols a Z that is mostly in the Coloured community.

As we are in different towns I am sure that different terminologies are used.

I am still actively a Policeman, with 30 years active service.

I have served all over SA and was stationed in many different Units: Always specialized Units with exception, a logistics post in control of a firearm store for a period of 3 years, many years ago when the store was full of 40mm grenade launchers, LMG's, Belgium Browning 9x19's and many other toys were dreaming of today that you guys did not know we had:

Some posts I filled were:
    VIP Protection,
    Sky marshall
    Reaction Unit or TIG as recently called.

Wouldn't you like to shoot my Mini Uzi right now, yes I am issued with one and have been since 1994, or maybe my R3.

Not being a bragger. I am just giving you the facts to support Andy who likes to shoot the 25 rnds or 32 rnds with the my Uzi on full auto.
    I am also a National shooter and a modest man.

i feel now that i must accentuate this again

lv29 all hail PARA lv29 all hail lv29

Man that UZI is the ticket though. i was blazing away like Rambo fighting0035 confused0068 happy0065 fighting0002

Quote Originally Posted by para
    SAPS TERMINOLOGY AS PER STORES:

R1 - FIXED STOCK (WOOD OR PLASTIC) AND STANDARD BARREL(SEMI OR FULL, WITH OR WITHOUT GRENADE SIGHTS)

R2 - FOLDING STOCK AND STANDARD LENGTH BARREL(ONLY SAW THESE WITH FULL AUTO CAPABILLITY)

R3 - FOLDING STOCK AND SHORTNED BARREL (PARA MODEL TO THE LEARNED FEW)(ONLY SAW THESE WITH FULL AUTO CAPABILLITY)

G3 - CALLED A G3

FN FAL SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT

COMMON MISCONCEPTIONS WITHIN THE POLICE:
    SOME MEMBERS CALLED THE LOCALLY MADE OR BELGIUM MADE RIFLES FN's OR R1 IRRESPECTIVE OF THE MODEL AS THEY INCORRECTLY WILL CALL THE WALTHER P38 OR THE B92 THE PARRABELLUM AND NOT BY THE MANUFACTERES NAME NOR MODEL. WALTHER HMC's OR STANDARD UZI's OR MINI uZI's WERE CALLED HMC's BY THE ILL INFORMED AS WELL.

ONE MUST REALIZE THAT THE AVERAGE POLICEMAN SEES A FIREARM AS A TOOL OR AN INCONVINIENCE TO CARRY AROUND AND THESE DETAILS ARE UNIMPORTANT TO THEM.
    This is an interesting thread, and I think its proved that different people, in different areas, with different knowledge and from different backgrounds, in the same police service refer to the various firearms in their own particular way. And, I may however stand corrected, but some police members see their role as mearly a job and others as a career, this may also affect their views on their equipment.

Now my bit of experience with regards to this goes back a few years. I too have shot a full auto mini Uzi which belonged to a security policeman, that gives away how long ago it was, and R5's on a few occasions, and wow, awesome experience. fighting0035 Can't quite remember what they called them, but I knew it was an Uzi.
    An interesting comment was made when Para refered to the Walther HMC's, these were the Mp series I think. The person booking out the firearm on one of the occasions when I shot the Walther, refered to it as a 'HMC', however Walther refer to them as SMG's. fighting0035

Another misconception is when people refer to AK47's as AK47's, when in fact only the machined versions and the stamped ones that came before them are real AK's, the rest made since 1959 should correctly be called the AKM, then we could also talk about their copyright issues, but thats for a different time.

hjk

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by para
    abhm

You are correct in one indifference we have:

Yes the younger policeman do call their pistols a Z that is mostly in the Coloured community.

As we are in different towns I am sure that different terminologies are used.

I am still actively a Policeman, with 30 years active service.

I have served all over SA and was stationed in many different Units: Always specialized Units with exception, a logistics post in control of a firearm store for a period of 3 years, many years ago when the store was full of 40mm grenade launchers, LMG's, Belgium Browning 9x19's and many other toys were dreaming of today that you guys did not know we had:

Some posts I filled were:
    VIP Protection,
    Sky marshall
    Reaction Unit or TIG as recently called.

Wouldn't you like to shoot my Mini Uzi right now, yes I am issued with one and have been since 1994, or maybe my R3.

Not being a bragger. I am just giving you the facts to support Andy who likes to shoot the 25 rnds or 32 rnds with the my Uzi on full auto.
    I am also a National shooter and a modest man.
    Gena pakamisa Hosh my brew, is af die Jozi en oorie berg by Krismas, ons ko bymekaar en sebela saam ne?

will be in your area in December (fishing trip) would love to shoot the mini uzi, as I said I only ever saw it in armouries and on the courses, we had the folding stocks and short barrelled FN's which Supt L from M/Land made up for us and he even called them FN's or R1's, as you did the stores thing I will bow to you knowledge on that one, but I can remember ours on the unit all being marked R1 folding stock or FN folding stock, but enough pedantasism am looking forward to being down in the Cape in December and if the offer still stands would love to shoot that mini uzi!! ;D

an extract from wikipedia

Police officers on duty generally carry a Z88 9mm pistol although a more compact pistol, the RAP 401, is available if officers request it,and pepper spray. A truncheon of similar design to the American knightstick called the PR-24 tonfa was issued until about 2004 until it was replaced by the issue of pepper spray. Each police patrol now usually also have an R-5 rifle in the car. To quell disturbances, the SAP used a variety of arms, including 37-millimeter "stopper guns", which could shoot tear gas, rubber bullets or signal flares; twelve-gauge Browning semi-automatic and Beretta pump-action shotguns;, R-1 semi-automatic rifles and HMC sub-machine gun. The 37mm stopper guns were phased out of use during the mid 1990's and are no longer used. The Browning and Beretta RS202P shotguns have been replaced by the locally manufactured Musler 12 gauge shotgun which is capable of firing the new generation of anti-riot rubber bullets which are contained in a standard 12 bore shotgun cartridge as well as teargas grenades using a so-called ballistic cartridge and pencil flares. The R1 rifle has been withdrawn from all police armouries since the mid-1990s as has the old standard HMC sub-machine gun. Through the early 1990s, the police were also equipped with smoke and tear-gas dispensing vehicles, tank trucks with water cannons, vehicles that dispensed barbed wire or razor wire to cordon off areas rapidly, and a small number of helicopters capable of dropping "water bombs" on crowds of demonstrators. Riot-control forces deployed in specially designed buses or Casspir armoured personnel carriers.

;D
    (we had our share of toys too, loved the range days when we could play!)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast