Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: SAPS Special Task Force

The USP's used are 9mmP, utilizing 9mmP ball ammo. There are some Glocks and maybe smiths in the armory. They were testing the G36C but that was broken ?? so now the MP5's are being faized out and replaced with SIG 552 rifles or one of the variants.

Love the look of the 552 and the 780rnds/min firing rate should suite even a speed freak

PARA we on for December?
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Gents

I know there is a ex STF member on this forum and I am sure he will be able to assist soon....

With regard to the STF been as good as the other units in the world, all i can say is i spoke to the instructors from the BBE, Dutch Special forces and they say STF use to have a good name in the old days, they see way way more action than most EU units, but he said to me he cant say much about the STF now as he does not know.

I still rate them but lets hope the standard stays as high as possible and i think only members or ex members of the STF can really say anything about the standard.

SAPS-ZA
    On equating on tier 1 unit with another please see what I posted on that early this thread! cut and pasted below for ease of reading and emphasis

The STF guys are still very highly rated but its a major misnomer to say well they are as good as the regiment but worse than GSG 9 or ODA or Team 6 or whoever, there is no definitive competion which allows rankings anymore and also their training is so similiar and there is so much cross training so extensive its much of a muchness and a major proportion is down to task specific differences so anyone who can catergorically state which Special Forces unit is better than another in terms of some mythical ranking structure does not know what he /she is talking about.

end cut and paste

I dont believe there are any members of this board (ex operators included) who can speak with the requisite amount of knowledge AS WELL AS objectivity to equate standards relative to either other units or previous standards.

One fact remains clear whilst I respect the amount of dedication, stamina and perseverance it takes to pass the course and of course I respect the individuals for their service I do not place them on a pedestal relative to other specialized police members and neither do most of that taakies I have met, they along with every other police member have a special place in my prayers everyday and the job that they do is difficult for sure but to say that the pre 1994 taakie or police member or what ever is somehow a better more ferocius warrior than his post 1994 brethren is incorrect I believe.

During my time as a contracter I have worked with a huge array of ex initials and units and whilst there are a few whom I will never work with again there are those with whom I will go back to the dustclouds with at a drop of a hat and some of the most competent of these are an ex US Army grunt, a few ex ODA guys, an ex SA Airforce Int chap, A few ex Royal Marines, some ex SAPS guys and of course some retired ex UMSC chaps

I also think it incorrect to state that the STF have seen more active deployment than many EU units as there deployment role is A significantly different than the EU units and B I dont think they are taking into account units such as those falling under the French Military, British Military all of whom have significant deployment commitments
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

The SWATG and Glock tactical LEO challenge will be held either end of this year or beginning next year, should be great fun to see 10 teams competing side by side, and the results should be very interseting to say the least, will keep you guys updated, and yes there will be one private team competing as well!

ABHM

I did see what you posted before, thats why i replied to your thread ???

I agree with you that members could proably not talk about standards of other units, as you would have seen i gave my view, not saying it was right but it was mine. ;D

I agree with you that when you say that you respect the amount of dedication etc it takes to pass a course like the STF or GSG9 etc.. I could be competly wrong about the STF of yesterday compared to the ones today, dont get me wrong i respect them today as well.I have a mate that just left last year. But in the Task force of yesterday, females would never have passsed.I hope i am wrong about the loss of standards. I never once said pre 94 members were more ferocious warriors.

With regard to your time as a contactor i guess your trying to say it depends on thr person, i agree with you, i work with marines from the Netherlands, the USA, French Foregn legion guys and police from all over Europe, the guy i would take with me in a situation is a 40 year old ex Durban flying squad member.

Its ok to think its incorrect for me to say the STF see's more action than EU units. Well this came from a BBE instructor and I am sure he knws what he is talking about. Yes they were sent to Afghan and Bosnia etc. A guy working with me who is ex BBE saw no action and this is one of the top units in the EU. The SAP members that were at the station level saw more action. Of course I am not saying all EU units, the Italian GIS see's alot as does GSG9 and others.

Once again just my view hpy71

What is the current, approx strength of our SAPS Task Force and what is the equity, Race and Sex?

currently,+_ 70 operators in SAPS,mostly African and Coloured ,including females.
    SEMPER PARATUS

Hi Jason

Thanks for the info.
    70 to serve the whole RSA covering their diverse duties sounds a little small.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast