Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: SAPS Special Task Force

???? % efficient.

Mostly black and coloured members, specially in Cape Town Unit with a single white Female operator, the rest of the females are also black and coloured, and NOskin colour does not matter as long as you can operate, we lost a awesome black member at PTE unit in a CIT recently.
    SEMPER PARATUS

Jason

a serious question
    Are you ex STF?

Ok, here is an interesting statement by a very senior official, "it will take the SAPS about 20 years to get back on the standard that they where on pre 94" ok this official almost got fired for telling the thruth, but let us work this out if it takes them 20 years to get there at pre 94 level, and remember we where lagging internationall about 15 years already pre 94, then in theory we will be about 40-50 years behind in 2028, ok I am getting confused, but yes reality kind of sucks!

??? ???

Huh

saps-za thanks that was my first though as well!

User

I am interested in what exactly is meant by "pre-94", since the end of apartheid represented a massive rupture in notions of nationwide policing.

Analyst, good question, I asked myself this one as well, as it was not me making the statement I can not talk on behalf of this person, but if I had to take a flyer I would say it has a lot to do with lowering of standards and introducing outcome based training and competency, basically you kind of don't have the right to asses a person and tel them that they are not fit for the job, you really have no choice, as well as the changing of labor laws etc. I think it is kind of like telling me that I have to become a pilot, firstly I have no interest in geography, suck at maths and are color blind, so yes on a long shot I might be able to eventually fly the bloody thing but would not suggest anybody to fly with me, I know this is a stupid example but I think you get the idea, but just remember we where already far behind in certain departments pre 94.

User

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    abhm

You are correct in one indifference we have:

Yes the younger policeman do call their pistols a Z that is mostly in the Coloured community.

As we are in different towns I am sure that different terminologies are used.

I am still actively a Policeman, with 30 years active service.

I have served all over SA and was stationed in many different Units: Always specialized Units with exception, a logistics post in control of a firearm store for a period of 3 years, many years ago when the store was full of 40mm grenade launchers, LMG's, Belgium Browning 9x19's and many other toys were dreaming of today that you guys did not know we had:

Some posts I filled were:
    VIP Protection,
    Sky marshall
    Reaction Unit or TIG as recently called.

Wouldn't you like to shoot my Mini Uzi right now, yes I am issued with one and have been since 1994, or maybe my R3.

Not being a bragger. I am just giving you the facts to support Andy who likes to shoot the 25 rnds or 32 rnds with the my Uzi on full auto.
    I am also a National shooter and a modest man.
    40mm grenade launchers? Really? I think you may be confused. 37mm....yes. 40mm, no. The SAPS issued the 37mm Stopper launcher.

"TIG" was never an SAPS unit. Reaction Unit/High Risk Unit is now National Intervention Unit.

You're still issued a Mini Uzi and an R3? Awesome. Which Unit are you currently serving in?

If you look at the STF currently.

1. There are a huge decline in experienced operators - most of these operators decided that they can make a better living as contractors

2. These type of operator was either on instructors level or going to be in the future and could have pass on a lot of knowledge and experience to the new members.

3. If you look at our current and next generation - there is a huge decline in physical activities and endurance type of activities, also discipline and numerous other complications that can affect the future of the STF or maybe already affecting them.

4. If you take an operator with 4-8 years field experience, how much input could be lost if this person decide to leave and explore the greener side.

I'm not saying at all that they are not capable of doing there job. It will just be much more difficult than in the passed and errors can occur easier in such conditions. Also essential advice on equipment and training can be disregarded to a lack of experience and knowledge...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast