Page 101 of 415 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4141

Default Re: license applications

According to my understanding, CFR has gone back to, what was called in the old days the AVS Application Verification Section. Think it's called File Control or something lately.
    it means that apps from the Provinces don't go to the relevant section as it has these last few years, but to a central point where they will probably do what they are tasked with, then it only gets sent to the relevant sections.
    This will definitely cause a delay and can also explain why the statuses seem confusing, eg received CFR and again received, maybe at the relevant section.
    As I understand, this was an instruction/proposal stemming from the visit to CFR from the Parliamentary Portfolio, lest blame be unfairly apportioned to the CFR for conspiring to cause further delays.
    This means that staff would have had to be found to fill this new section, and they would have to have come from the other sections, meaning that there are fewer officers to work on the applications as well.....all leading to a knock on effect that, I would think, might be the cause that applications are taking longer to finalize.

User

Per the information I was given, the newly introduced File Control step was introduced by CFR to speed up the process not to slow it down. Teething problems maybe??
    However Ntjebes question remains valid....with so many quality control steps DFO PROV DFO etc before apps reach CFR one would expect that only fully complete/correct apps would make it to CFR?

User

Quote Originally Posted by ImoRambo View Post
    Per the information I was given, the newly introduced File Control step was introduced by CFR to speed up the process not to slow it down. Teething problems maybe??
    However Ntjebes question remains valid....with so many quality control steps DFO PROV DFO etc before apps reach CFR one would expect that only fully complete/correct apps would make it to CFR?
    I hear you Rambo!

In no way can it speed up the process, it adds at least a couple of weeks to it.
    Where the Provinces delivered the applications straight to the relevant sections it meant that straight away one could start working on them.
    Now it means that it is inside the building, but only gets to the Provinces much later.
    If I were to venture a guess as to the main reasons behind this it would be
    1) To try and keep accurate statistics on the number of applications and
    2) To try and curb corruption by stopping staff and stations from bringing applications in from outside and putting them into the system.

I would think reason nr. 2 is the real reason.

All that is currently happening is that systematically they are reverting to the way things used to be before 2012, when the disbanded the AVS, Arms Control Section, Institutions etc and placed everything each separate Province.

Already the Arms Control has been reintroduced, but just under the guise of "the task team".

By starting up a new section, just an example of how it would impact the Sections from where the officers were removed from.

Gauteng North and South are by far the busiest sections.

In 2012 North had 2 Lt. Colonels, 2 Majors, 2 Captains and 2 Luitenants.

In 2015 they have 1 Lt. Colonel (1 resigned ) 1 Major ( 1 has been transferred to File Control ) 1 Captain ( 1 has resigned ) and 2 Luitenants.

That means you have 1 deciding officer to finalize all license and competency applications and 2 less to make the recommendations.

South isn't much better as 1 Captain has retired and the other has been transferred to the File Control Section.

There is nothing wrong with going back to the old AVS system, but if it is merely to accurately count the number of applications, then, IMO, the members could be better utilized.

If the File Control Section will adequately scrutinize the applications and refer them back to the Provinces and DFO's if incomplete, then it frees up the Sections from having to deal with correspondence issues and they can concentrate solely on their tasks of finalizing the apps.

However, applications will definitely take longer to reach the respective Sections

User

Name : Ryan Purvis
    Province : Kzn
    Firearm : Norinco CQ-A
    Type : Section 16 IFTA Dedicated Sport / SADPA Member
    Submitted : 25/11/2014
    Provincial : 28/11/2014
    CFR : 18/12/2014
    Consideration : 27/02/2015
    Approved :

User

Hi --

This question was maybe posted a lot of times but i don't seem to get a definate answer.

Send in my competency for SD firearm 30 January 2015 in Sasolburg Station Free State

They say it is still at provincial, now the question : Would it be wise to hand in the licence application now or wait for the competency first, although the local DFO said i can submit my licence now?

I don't want to do something that might bite me later on..

User

Quote Originally Posted by Barrymons View Post
    Hi --

This question was maybe posted a lot of times but i don't seem to get a definate answer.

Send in my competency for SD firearm 30 January 2015 in Sasolburg Station Free State

They say it is still at provincial, now the question : Would it be wise to hand in the licence application now or wait for the competency first, although the local DFO said i can submit my licence now?

HI Barrymons, I'm a newbie to this and thought I would give you my 2 cents.

It would be best to submit both applications together failing which, you should wait for Competency Certificate to be issued and then apply for you FA License.

Any of the Senior Members care to please back me up if I am right or provide me with the correct details if I am wrong.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Barrymons View Post
    Hi --

Barrymons, I was denied by the local DFO to hand in my license application saying I should wait for the competency first, but with other province is possible and working wonders handing them both at the same time.

User

Thank you Ntjebe an CaESar i think i will wait then.

User

license applicationsprovince : GAUGTENG CLEVELAND STATION

Firearm : CANIK 55 C100 9mm

Type : Self Defense

Submitted : 19 November 2014

Provincial : 26 November 2014

Arrived at CFR : 18 December 2014

Consideration : 28 January 2015

Approved : 16 February 2015

Card Printed : 02 February 2015

Card Collected : Pending DFO to collect from PTA

Page 101 of 415 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast