Page 102 of 415 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4141
    User

Default Re: license applications

SAPS message: Your Competency Certificate Ref. ********* is receiving attention at Central Firearms Register. Please do not reply to this SMS.

Now is promising! *crossing fingers!

Quote Originally Posted by CaESaR View Post
    HI Barrymons, I'm a newbie to this and thought I would give you my 2 cents.

It would be best to submit both applications together failing which, you should wait for Competency Certificate to be issued and then apply for you FA License.

Any of the Senior Members care to please back me up if I am right or provide me with the correct details if I am wrong.

Hi To All,

I am new to this as well, But I did both together.

User

Username: kab123
    Province: GP (Olifantsfontein SAPS)
    Firearm: .308 Musgrave Mod 90
    App type: Section 16
    Submitted: 03/02/2015
    Provincial: ??
    CFR: ??
    Send bank: 16/02/2015

Sigh, called the CFR this morning to try my luck on the progress. They told me the application has been send back to the DFO on 16 Feb 2015. They can't tell me why... I phoned the DFO a couple of times during the day and it seems like he/she is not there today. Also found out that the Olifantsfontein SAPS now has a new DFO...

My application was also sent back to the DFO, some station commander did not write a recommendation. This morning when I called the guy told me something about "fire testing" the line was not clear so maybe I just heard wrong, but it's something like that and it's a new step before going in for consideration

User

Quote Originally Posted by nortierd View Post
    In no way can it speed up the process, it adds at least a couple of weeks to it.
    Where the Provinces delivered the applications straight to the relevant sections it meant that straight away one could start working on them.
    Now it means that it is inside the building, but only gets to the Provinces much later.
    If I were to venture a guess as to the main reasons behind this it would be
    1) To try and keep accurate statistics on the number of applications and
    2) To try and curb corruption by stopping staff and stations from bringing applications in from outside and putting them into the system.
    correct, by my count AT LEAST 2 weeks extra. my apps usually went from submit to card in hand in about 6 weeks (plus, minus, more or less, give or take a brick), my last one took 8 weeks. Submitted 20 Jan, approved yesterday 4 March, card should be ready in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan308 View Post
    My application was also sent back to the DFO, some station commander did not write a recommendation. This morning when I called the guy told me something about "fire testing" the line was not clear so maybe I just heard wrong, but it's something like that and it's a new step before going in for consideration

Maybe "File Tracking"

User

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMac View Post
    correct, by my count AT LEAST 2 weeks extra. my apps usually went from submit to card in hand in about 6 weeks (plus, minus, more or less, give or take a brick), my last one took 8 weeks. Submitted 20 Jan, approved yesterday 4 March, card should be ready in 2 weeks.
    Lucky you, my last app submitted on 01 Dec has been sitting at 'Received at CFR' since 24 Dec. No one you speak to there gives a continental either.

User

Is it just me or have you guys also noticed that there hasn't been much movement as per License Approval Database?

User

My section 16 application for a FN Fal has been in consideration since the 6th of Feb. Thus it will have been in consideration for a full month tomorrow. I just phoned the CFR 15 minutes ago and the status was still 'in consideration'. Things are definitely moving slowly for me. Hopefully it is still the 'hangover' the CFR are dealing with due to to backlog that occured as result of the festive season....

Quote Originally Posted by CaESaR View Post
    Is it just me or have you guys also noticed that there hasn't been much movement as per License Approval Database?
    Very slow at the moment it seems.

Page 102 of 415 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 ... LastLast