Page 3 of 414 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: license applications

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Goblin
    E

Suggest that you actually start by reading the SAPS web site, especially communication (which is what it is there for).
    No greasing of palms involved, only sticking to what is required!!!!!!!!!
    If you want dedicated status you need to meet the criteria, there is no fast tracking this one -so don't even try!!!!

There is a specific form that you need to complete which the Chairman ( Adrian at present) can send you, these will be downloadable of the website in due course.
    The endorsement form requires you to provide a whole lot of info relative to the firearm and division you plan to shoot it in.
    You would need the rule book for this which i doubt you have bothered to read either.
    Please remember that the endorsement form has a declaration that all info supplied is true and correct.
    If the firearm is truly practical and fits into the division that you have selected (as per the rule book) the endorsement should be issued.

The above is done to assit our members.
    Nope... Read the communications. There is absolutely nothing there that helps me. I wouldnt trust minutes of Agendas for the year 2006. it states that Mr De Klerk of JDPC is a Director or something for SADPA. 1 month ago, he told us that he resigned from SADPA. I suspect info on that spot is outdated. Even the Admin portal links to an email of somebody who left SADPA many moons ago.

Read/skimmed through the rule book (how rude to assume that I didnt bother to read it cfd89 ).

Don't really see anything there that says anything about licencing sports guns. If you are referring to the rule's declaration of what type of guns can be used in what division; that is stated on the home page of SADPA as well.

Problem is that I have a CZ75 which can be used for Stock Service pistol division, so how do i convince the SAPS muppets that I "need" a glock for SSP division if I already have a CZ75 (although the CZ75 is licenced as a Self Defence piece) ??? Or is that one of those "moot" points people talk about?

But i digress.

So... All I have to do is pester Adrian to compile an endorsement for the firearm of my choice? Do i fill out the forms? or does somebody else do that? (as for the greasing of palms, I was referring to any admin fees...If Adrian is going to be compiling endorsements for me, such work may require remuneration for services rendered?)

Aaah @#!$ it... the law is complicated...forget I said anything... :-[

To be quite honest, I dont like this copping an attitude from you. Lets end this conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio
    To be quite honest, I dont like this copping an attitude from you. Lets end this conversation
    People tend to respond in kind.

Here is the process:

1. Send Adrian email;
    2. Adrian send you endorsement application;
    3. You complete application;
    4. You send completed application to Adrian;
    5. Adrian send you Endorsement letter.

Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

copped, cop·ping

1. To take unlawfully or without permission; steal. See Synonyms at steal.
    2. a. To get hold of; gain or win: a show that copped four awards; copped a ticket to the game.
    b. To take or catch:
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilio
    People tend to respond in kind.

Here is the process:

1. Send Adrian email;
    2. Adrian send you endorsement application;
    3. You complete application;
    4. You send completed application to Adrian;
    5. Adrian send you Endorsement letter.

many thanks. You earn your status as "hero member" ;D

People who applied at the Kempton Park police station must go and fetch there licence's because they are there waiting for you in a big box. Oh and by the way they have moved to Isando next to Police vehicle impound yard just behind Simba Chips

User

I am no legal eagle but I have been been quite sucessfull in my own license application efforts. I have had a few gunsite.co.za members contact me for some advice and this was basically looking at their motivations. What I have done was look at the motivation and see if I can see 'holes' and what can be done to improve them. I am prepared to look at the odd application or two from time to time and give my opinion (for what it is worth).

Those that I have given my advice to, seemed pleased with the small changes that I made. It does help if you have a mate look at your motivation as an extra set of eyes see new things or a different angle. I have not heard from those that have seeked my advice if they have been sucessfull or not and I would appreciate if they could drop me a PM and tell me if they were sucessfull or not (cant remember who they were and I wont share the names either).

So that is just me offering assistance in a limited way...... hpy180

Hi good day guys

i need some info on firearm applications and please be honest and tell me what are the chances of me getting a firearm approved and whats the real time frame to get it

Quote Originally Posted by tialatrell
    Hi good day guys

i need some info on firearm applications and please be honest and tell me what are the chances of me getting a firearm approved and whats the real time frame to get it

hi Tia
    firstly you will find all the answers you need already in the site, search button is third from the left on the bar!
    secondly before anyone can answer those questions more details with regards yourself are required
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Quote Originally Posted by tialatrell
    First we need to know which firearms licence you want to get ?

Is it for self defence, sport, collecting or hunting. Are you a member of a sport shooting, collector's, hunting organisation? Can you justify the need for a self defence firearm - how ?

That's a good starting point tup

Page 3 of 414 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast