Page 5 of 415 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: license applications

The proof must hold water.
    What 'proof' are you talking about ?
    The constitution says you have the right to life - and a firearm is internationally recognized as a tool for self defence. I applied for a SD firearm - DO I HAVE TO CONVINCE THEM THAT I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND MYSELF ?!!!
    “The Right to Life” is a fundamental constitutional right that is protected in it’s entirety from which there can be no deviation by the legislative, executive or judiciary and any attempts to do so would be unlawful.
    You have the right to property, now questioned by a group of people requiring reasons why you want something ?
    Just start with the right to just administrative action, does YEARS or MONTHS grab you as 'just' ?

:-(

Oh, where have I read this argument before...?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Oh, where have I read this argument before...?
    Are you denying me the rights the constitution grants me, and every other citizen in the country ?

You are out of order.

Bottom line is anything over a month is not good,longer than three not acceptable.

We actually do all agree with that FANIE, the problem is thats its always the same circular argument.

Even though there was a judgment to that effect (a yes or no in three months), how many have the time and money to take the state on?
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Banned

Even though there was a judgment to that effect (a yes or no in three months), how many have the time and money to take the state on?
    Where can I see the details on this case please ?

I know a few people who does have the money to do so through legal offices, but if they do they will kill the goose that lay their golden eggs. The problem is that people are losing their lives amongst other damages they have to endure which is not right.

The constitution permits any individual to make a case against the infringing or threatening of the constitutional rights, it costs like R76 to register the case.

What frustrates me is every where one mentions this issue it is opposed even quite agressively, to the point where it seems some wants to protect the unlawfullness of this whole thing.

On the one hand we complain about the conditions but do not want conditions to change ?

User

You do not need money as section 38(a) affords you the right to contest ANY infringement/threat to the constitution. As for time, well maybe you will not be around long enough to defend that priveledge.

Ou ignorance defies all logical thought. I fail to comprehend why everybody is more afraid of actually claiming the rights afforded to them than the oppressors who refuse to acknowledge them??

Good luck

Banned

Well if the police can confiscate 1469 firearms and refuses to return them despite a high court order, then how will anything be enforced.

Somewhere someone is deliberately refusing to do their work !

User

I am not winging at you and I have viewed over 300 applications of appeal, which grinning lawyers have shown me, to "help" me with an appeal for an occasional hunting license. I have "whinged at the SAPS, DA, HRC, Public Protector, ... and I am now at the Constitutional Court. All the applicants were "guided" by these lawyers regards the extent of the motivations, which includes:

* A page explaining why a .... Cal weapon is "The Most Suitable" - what a load of hogwash!
    * 5 x Pages listing hunting farms in RSA copied from hunting magazines to show "where they intend to hunt" - nuts, how will you know where you will be hunting 5 years from now?
    * 5 pages of antelope data, including size of balls to show "what species they will hunt" - really, and if you hunt something NOT in the application, or outside the country?

During my three visits to Volkstem Ave I was disgusted with the zest with which the 20+ page appeals from lawyers were being personally collected and signed for by an "official" in a suit, whilst the rest of us were ignored and given a piece of paper torn off the corner of an A4 page, with a date stamp.

I am not doing this for myself as I have my licenses, but for the people that are in the media every day (obituaries), who also got fed up with the unconstitutional system. I really trust that you will also be successful in you application and wish you luck.

Regards

User

I apologize for the over-reaction, the system is just very, VERY frustrating.

My actual motivation letter is about 5 pages, just detailing who I am and why I want the gun. The rest of the package consists of documentation basically proving every statement I make eg. Yes, I am a trustee of the family farm in the Free State, yes I travel there often, yes I stay by myself there, yes, here are the attached crime statistics...

The list of stats alone is exhausting. I just don't want to give them the smallest reason to not approve my application, if that logic even holds any water I don't know. TIA afterall...

User

OK, so handed in competency application and Art. 13 application at Strand SAPS last Monday, got a sms on the Tuesday that my competency certificate is receiving attention at the DFO.

I received another sms yesterday informing me that my competency certificate is receiving attention at the Provincial DFO.

Is this good?

Page 5 of 415 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast