Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: SA High Powered Rifle Association

You guys are'nt funny and you suck,we cant even find a friggin shooting range lol!

User

Looking at last shoot's scores, we really do suck. But slowly it's getting less bad.

We got some pics and will get them up at some point.

User

When IS the next shoot? I will be there in December and might have a chance to come check it out and give some pointers. My shooting suck nowadays because of my eyes, had cataract surgery a year ago at age 53 and it made my shooting worse, even though I can see fine for driving. I did use to shoot master scores and gave high masters fits in M1 Garand matches. Funny, about the only rifles I can still shoot reasonably well are M1 Garands and Enfields.

Quote Originally Posted by hagar View Post
    When IS the next shoot? My shooting suck nowadays because of my eyes, had cataract surgery a year ago at age 53 and it made my shooting worse, even though I can see fine for driving. Funny about the only rifles I can still shoot reasonably well are M1 Garands and Enfields.
    The remaining shoots for the year are on Nov 20th, Dec 4th and 18th Hagar; details on the website. Nothing funny about your vision problem, it is simply that you now have an artifical lens in the eye with NO accomodation (ie change of focus). Your lens was clearly designed to give you distance clarity and for short and intermediate distances you need to use an appropriate focal length lens in spectacles, or in the back sight for rifle shooting. The reason for doing better (than with an AR-15 presumably) with a Garand or Enfield is simply that the foresight is further away.

Have a look at Art Neergaard's website http://www.shootingsight.com/ for more information. His new diopter corrected shooting glasses should do the trick for you. I am 69 and had a cateract op last year. Using Art's test lens kit I found out what correction I need for shooting my LM-4 and can now see a sharp foresight with which to aim at the middle of the fuzzy black aiming mark.

User

Hmm, I'll be in SA December 4th, and close by at Pecanwood near Harties. Anybody that can loan me a rifle and some equipment? I cannot bring ammo with me, but I can bring components!

You explained my eye issues better than anybody else, including my eye doctor. He just kind of washed his hands off me, I can see and not going blind anymore, so I should be happy. I will get in touch with Art.

User

Confirmed with Peter that I will try and be there December 4. I can bring a couple of new M1 web slings along that I will sell at my cost, $10 a piece, so about R80, let me know if you want one. This is the BEST shooting aid, bar none, even some of the top shooters in the US use them and prefer them to the more expensive leather slings. Looking forward to meeting you all!

User

I'm thinking I might need one of those slings.

User

Anyone coming for the shoot this Sunday (18th Des 2011)?
    Both my wife and I are planning to join in as rookies and I would like to know what type of rifles you guys are going to bring along for the shoot as it will have an ifluence on what I will bring.
    We are intending to join the organisation next year.

User

Where is the shoot on Sunday. Would like to join in. Need to get some more time on the LM.

User

Pelindaba shooting range in Harties.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast