Default Instructors course.

I have done all the SASSETA handle and use, bussiness purposses and RO courses.

Would like to do an instructors course.
    Where or what should I be looking at.

PS. Dont wanna be a instructor, the mai reason is I wanna learn some more skills and better myself as a shooter!

Any advice would be appreciated!
    MOLON LABE

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: Instructors course.

Contact Andre at ITA.

http://www.fatsa.co.za/about.htm
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Contact Andre at ITA.

http://www.fatsa.co.za/about.htm
    Andre is one of the finest instructors I have ever had the privelage of training with.

Thanks Paul.
    Did it.
    They seem to have some nice other courses aswell. Is it similar to the SASSETA ones?
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by HoggerNaut View Post
    Thanks Paul.
    Did it.
    They seem to have some nice other courses aswell. Is it similar to the SASSETA ones?
    All/most of their courses should be SASSETA registered and part of the NQF curriculum.
    Unknown Barbarian

Sweet.

Im def gonna join him then.
    Waiting for him to reply to my mail!
    MOLON LABE

Andre wrote, or had a hand in writing, almost all the unit standards, so you shouldn't go wrong.
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Hogg, I have just completed the ITA Instructors in Knysna 2 weeks ago with Andy Fuller and it was to date the best 5 days I have had in a long time. The course material is well laid out in a user friendly format and although there is a little writing required,the majority of the course is on the range either attempting the qualification shoots in the various disiplines or undergoing hands on training in various new techniques. We also ran a couple Night shoots which was a whole new world to me.

I really learnt some great new skills and enjoyed the whole experience. Every day brought new challenges that required full attention and a winning mindset.

What is great is that there are different levels of Qualification depending on what average you shoot in the various disciplines of firearm. So scoring an 80% average in the handgun shoot seems like a respectable average only to find out that it is a basic instructors score and in order to move up to a level where you are eligible to teach to business purposes and advanced courses you need to score above 90%. This is all done from different distances and shooting positions,while performing within a time limit and in some cases immediate action drills where required. Can become quite challenging at times depending on what your shooting background is,I can speak for myself where one or two of the qualification shoots required a couple attempts to get to the above 90% score,and there was definately pressure to succeed.

The Bonus of the instructors is that it opens up other ITA courses that are even more intensive. If you pass to a advanced level it then allows you to do the Duty Related Tactical Profiency course which is a 6 day dynamic instruction course which covers all types of real life scenarios like barricaded suspects to dynamic drills in and around your vehicles. This will be my next course objective,not so much for the certification but rather the intense training experience,which in my case I would carry over into my daily work as an operational medic within a security setting.

Hogg, imho this step by step process is a great way to learn additional skills while being challenged,and as an offset you get to meet like minded course participants.

Drop me a PM and I will explain the various requirements of the qualification shoots,which will give you a good idea of where you are in terms of meeting the scores.

Hope this helps

B