Thread: Hello all

Default Hello all

Hello everyone,

I've just discovered this site, I see there is a serious crowd here.

My current interest in guns is limited to SD with my G26, but I am very good with it - I group 50 in a 20cm circle at 25m range.

I am looking forward to buying a DPMS Panther or E.D.M Arms M06 in .308 and learn to shoot long range - starting at 100m and going up until reaching the limits of the longest range in and around Jhb.

Regards

iFly

User

Default Re: Hello all

Welcome dude and enjoy.

From your screen name and sig line I am going to assume you are a pilot. In which case you should be mental enough to fit in here ;D

Welcome iFly, hope you enjoy!

You got some good taste there, I'd never heard of E.D.M Arms, they look pretty cool, check out Cheytac too. From what I've read DPMS can have reliability issues, but I like the idea of the panther.

Stay safe fighting0002
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thanks for the welcome!

BigT, yes I r pilot, albeit not an airline one.

Craig, the E.D.M. Arms are most famous for their Windrunner XM-107 prototype, they've proven that it was the most precise long range rifle consistently achieving <1/3 MOA and 2,000 yards! Now they maintain same claims with their .50 BMG Windrunner which is series production. For me that is tad too heavy and also there are no ranges in SA where I can practice at that distance.

Another LR rifle that caught my attention is the ArmaLite's Super SASS in 7.62. Looks prettier than the Panther to me than, but price, eish!

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Welcome brother, hope you enjoy!!
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

User

Welcome man, hope you enjoy it here BTW what prices you got on those Panthers if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Killabeez
    Welcome man, hope you enjoy it here BTW what prices you got on those Panthers if you don't mind me asking?
    US$ 990 for the basic rifle, but I would likely spend another $ 1,250 to get it the way I will enjoy it - Magpul stock, Harris folding bipod, silencer, Burris laserscope 4-12x42, and a progressive reloader with .308 dies. Now, if I can only find a dealer that will agree to import it for me without adding too much to the price :o , alternatively, I have to import it myself with an export certificate from the seller - I have not done that before, I know the law allows it, just not sure about the red carpet.