Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Frontier/Accufire bullets at cost

We all agree that prices have increased beyond reason in comparison to "the way things were". But the culprits are the government who changed the laws thereby driving up prices. Yes I'm sure there are unscrupulous businessmen taking advantage of the situation but the rest are just businessmen trying to make a living. Lets stop infighting, which I'm sure is making government smile, and vote with our wallets. A business without customers doesn't keep its doors open long.

PS One severe problem with SA gunshops is websites. I would gladly pay a premium if I could make a few clicks and find out what's in stock, what the prices are and order them without having to phone 25 gunshops speak to 17 different shop assistants who for the major part have no idea what I'm are looking for.

Please consider the importer or manufacturer who needs to sell to dealers but dealers stop buying because they can't afford to carry stock while the public is buying from the sweetheart who is making "NO PROFIT" on his wholesale pricing, not employing staff and doesn't need displays.
    Who knows where this could ultimately go? Importers, manufacturers and dealers out of business? We could all grow our own food, make our own furniture and go fishing with home made bamboo rods.

User

Eish!
    And this dear friends is why Paul will continue to do business!
    You know you are doing something right when other people complain you're too cheap!!
    *grin*

Surely the nature and form a business takes is simply the choice of the entrereneur. If he or she is more competitive than you, either you can loose business to them or you can react and change your offering to remain competitive. Most retailers make use of loss leaders (retail 101) or specials in order to generate some support, but will make some profit elsewhere. The cost of doing the special is put to marketing expenses, in the same way that another dealer may put the cost of an advert or indeed the costs of free ammo given to a potential gun buyer down to marketing.

To suggest that an entrereneur is doing all this for charity and to make no profit is ludicrous. In my line of work, I had major opposition from my competitors because of innovations I introduced, because I made them all look bad. Some copied me, others did not. Now my business is a leader in my sector. Paul, more power to you buddy, and dont stress, you know youre doing something right when your competitors bleat.!

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Guys, before this goes too far...

Occassionally I stumble across good deals. If I choose to make good prices available to GunSite members, or my family and friends, that is my call. Sure, I 'could' just profit financially from my good fortune in the short term, but If I think a little bit further down the road I could use this good fortune to help me build my business.

I didn't start this business to NOT make money, but I'd also like to still be in business next year, and many years thereafter. I have not begun this business with a large capital injection, so my premises are adequate but modest. I am accumulating stock 'organically', and that stock is very, very carefully selected to avoid the scenario where I sit with millions of rands of dead stock on the shelves.

My small team works incredibly hard at what we do. We are out there, on the ranges and at the competitions, and in the bush, shooting, demonstrating for all we are worth, several days a week. We shoot out vast quantities of ammunition, and allow prospective clients to shoot out much more...

We have a policy of NOT overcharging in order to foster a climate where more people are able to buy and shoot more firearms. We believe this is essential for the long-term survival of shooting in SA.

Consequently our premises are mosdest. We have cut our coat to suit our cloth.

Our objective then, in offering as good a deal as possible, is NOT to harm other retailers, but rather to benefit shooters (which should, in turn, benefit other retailers also because a rising tide lifts all boats), and I don't believe that by offering reloading components at a good price we are harming anybody's market at all given that reloading has become a quaint, almost esoteric sideline in the shooting market.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

"We have a policy of NOT overcharging in order to foster a climate where more people are able to buy and shoot more firearms. We believe this is essential for the long-term survival of shooting in SA.
    "

Quote of the Day.

Good man.

Top shot for Paul's long term vision!!! Well done!!!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man…"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    We have a policy of NOT overcharging in order to foster a climate where more people are able to buy and shoot more firearms. We believe this is essential for the long-term survival of shooting in SA.
    Paul, my apologies for butting in to your area of the forum. I tend to get overheated over generalisations about dealers ripping people off and wasn't aware of the delicacies of forum behaviour. One day I'll explain in my space how the long term survival of shooting in SA also depends on importers, manufacturers and dealers staying in business. Strength to all of us!

User

Having taken cognisance of everyone's input, no-one has yet ridiculed Paul's actions. Run ur business whichever way u want to. The market is large enough for everyone. Paul's gesture is a huge one. And his foresight will let him become a significant industry player. Those of us who help pave the road also have our cake iced. The way I see it, there're no losers. Paul, you've earned my support.

User

Great stuff Paul, wish more dealers would look at it like you do.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast