Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PMP Ammunition?

User

Default PMP Ammunition?

As far as I am aware the bullets (or “head” as you call them in South Africa) used by PMP are of different manufactures: Standard are made by PMP themselves and African Elite by Swift, but what is the origin of the Pro-Amm bullets. Finally what does the expression “Super Rifle Ammunition” stands for?

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: PMP Ammunition?

Um, no. Bullets are bullets. Heads are something totally different. There is no confusion between the two. If somebody uses the term 'head' to refer to a bullet they are just plain wrong.

As I understand matters the Pro-Amm uses PMP bullets, but then PMP makes bullets (and other components) for a number of other brands, and may very well reciprocally load their own brand wiuth components sourced elsewhere, like Prvi Partisan for instance. I have no idea what "super Rifle Ammunition" might mean.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

PMP make and load standard JSP bullets, as well as their Pro-Amm range which is a semi - premium bullet with a reinforced waisted jacket and a two part core, the rear one being harder than standard for weight retention. This is a in house development. They produced and loaded big bore monolithics in the past (don't know if they still do).
    A bullet stays a bullet no matter where in the world you are.

User

Far as I know they still make solids in 458 and maybe 375. But don't take my word for it.

Bullets are bullets, unless local vernacular calls it a head, or point or tip. "Patrone" is what woman use to make clothes. "Koele" shoots harder than ammunition. Not worth getting excited about what its really called, and if you do, don't take offense when I call it a head or tip or koele out of facetiousness.

User

Quote Originally Posted by StefanM View Post
    Far as I know they still make solids in 458 and maybe 375. But don't take my word for it.

Bullets are bullets, unless local vernacular calls it a head, or point or tip. "Patrone" is what woman use to make clothes. "Koele" shoots harder than ammunition. Not worth getting excited about what its really called, and if you do, don't take offense when I call it a head or tip or koele out of facetiousness.
    Nice :)

User

I dislike the slang ”Head” as it of course rightly refers to the bottom of the case (headstamp), but during the years I live in SA, I think something like three out of four hunters called the bullet for head.

@ chops:
    If both PMP standard and Pro-Amm is loaded with twin core bullets, what then is the difference between the two?

User

Only the Pro-amm is dual cored.
    The brown box ammo is bog standard, blows up at anything over 2500 fps.

Pro Amm works quite well actully, I have only recovered one round from my .30-06, a 300m shot on a wounded buck that hit the poepal and was found under the skin on the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by shark_za View Post
    that hit the poepal and was found under the skin on the chest.
    I think that the word you use "poepal" is aptly used in the same conversation speaking about bullits being heads!

But should it not be "poephol"?

Sweet

Sorry if that did not read clearly.

Banned

i KEEP ON HEARING ABOUT "BULLET HEADS" ---IS THAT A EVOLUTION OF HEADS TO BECOME BULLETS AS THE KNOWLIGE GROWS. the BULLET HEAD GOES INTO THE CARTRIDGE CASE AFTER THE GUN POWDER WHICH IS THEN SET OFF BY THE DETONATER,WHICH CAUSES A EXPLOSION. tHE MORE GUN POWDER YOU PUT IN THE BETTER BECAUSE IT CAUSES THE BULLET HEAD TO TUMBLE WHICH KILLS YOU EVEN IN THE LEG AFTER IT HAS THROWN YOU 15 FT BACKWARDS. i KEEP HEARING THIS STUFF ESPECIALLY IN THE HAND GUN BRIGADE. nEARLY GOT DONNERED PROPER BY SOME DUCHMAN IN JEFFERIES BAY WHEN I OFFERED EVIDENCE AGAINST THE TUMBLING R4 BULLET NOT BEING ACCURIT PAST THE END OF THE BARREL. tHEY OUT THERE THESE INDIVIDUALS OF GREAT KNOWLIDGE -- THEY HAVE ALL SHOT pRINGBUCK AT 300M RUNNING WIFF A 303
    Spelling intended,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast