Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default HELP!M3x or TLR 3

Hi guys,

I am in the market to purchase a new tac light for my glock 22.

I have got a price of R 1300 from MRST for the M3x and R 1150 for the TLR3 from RHT.

Negligible price difference for 2 quality products.I have used an M3 and was happy with the performance until it was unceremoniously nicked from me!

So,lets hear it,which 1 do you guys recommend and why?

User

Default Re: HELP!M3x or TLR 3

Why not this one? I got the previous version (125 lumen) from MRST and it's great.

http://www.insighttechgear.com/products-wx150.htm

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Why not this one? I got the previous version (125 lumen) from MRST and it's great.

http://www.insighttechgear.com/products-wx150.htm
    Hi shooter,

I did enquire about the wx150 and the XTI Procyon with MRST,but was advised that they both out of Stock.Kinda need this light in a hurry......

User

Rather look at the TLR-1 than either of those.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Rather look at the TLR-1 than either of those.
    howsit Big T,

Thanks for the help.I phoned Rescomp and they do have the c4 LED TLR1's for R 1500,and may also have the strobe version for about R 1 550[have to check on monday as they are still unpacking stock].

Is the TLR1 about 135 lumens?Do you have any experience with the strobe version?

tx

User

I don't have any experience with strobing WML's. So I can't really comment. For an extra 50 bucks I would give it a go.

The TLR-1 is a very good light and will serve you well. I forget the lumen rating but I own a couple and while they are not quite up to the SureFire x300 specs in light output or toughness (if you are going to really beat it up) they do give plenty of light and are certainly NOT fragile. Cost is just over half that of the x300 also.

They are by far the most used issue LE weaponlight around here and cops are notorious for being able to break anvils, etc.

Strobe seems a bit silly on a weaponlight to me but I admit I have not tried it. I personally would not pay more for the feature, but you may prefer it...dunno.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    The TLR-1 is a very good light and will serve you well. I forget the lumen rating but I own a couple and while they are not quite up to the SureFire x300 specs in light output or toughness (if you are going to really beat it up) they do give plenty of light and are certainly NOT fragile. Cost is just over half that of the x300 also.

They are by far the most used issue LE weaponlight around here and cops are notorious for being able to break anvils, etc.

Strobe seems a bit silly on a weaponlight to me but I admit I have not tried it. I personally would not pay more for the feature, but you may prefer it...dunno.

I hear you Ikor.I also have never used a strobe weaponlight before but was thinking that for an extra 50 bucks what the hell!
    Looks like the TLR1 has just edged out the M3x.Just hope Rescomp has stock when I call on Monday!

silly question, but howcome nobody ever recommends a Glock TAC light? Surely they wouldn't produce something that doesn't Work well or is of sub standard quality? Any reason for this guys? If I was thinking of lights my reasoning would be, I have a glock, why not get an official Glock light?
    Last edited by Scuba Steve; 17-12-2010 at 17:28. Reason: Spelling dammit!!!!!

User

I've had the same GLOCK light for seven years or so. I'm very happy with it. Never had any issues , goes on my gun every night.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast