Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Home Invasion Video

This video is from a home invasion and triple murder that took place in 1994 in Miramar, Florida. The male was a bar owner and known to keep cash in his shoes / socks, He did have a gun in the house but it was in the bedroom...useless...when he needed it most. Eventually one of the thugs finds it while searching the home.

This is the actual surveillence camera video in B&W, grainy but clear enough to see what is happening. You will note the home owner had 10 or so seconds from the time the first BG cleared the door before he took the heavy blow to his head.

Comments?

Last edited by ikor; 07-11-2011 at 14:22.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Default Re: Home Invasion Video

7:18 am. Carry. Always.

User

This video just reaffirms my irritation whenever I see/hear guys talking about keeping their gun in the safe

Barriers, barriers, barriers. Alarmed barriers.

The more warning time you have, the better you can prepare.

Weapons strategically placed around the house for easy access. The wife also trained how to operate them.

Very disturbing.

Yet another wake up call for the "I only carry my gun on long trips at night" crowd.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Good vid ikor, thanks.

User

Thanks Ikor,
    A happier outcome..
    http://www.frontsight.com/video/lastchance.asp?vid=2

I agree carry 25 hours a day!!!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man…"

User

Very good material.Unfortunate ending for the 1st family.As everyone else has said if he had his fa on him he could have easily put up a successful defence in that 1st 10 seconds.

Cudos for the 2nd guy-the 'Sentinel'.He reacted timeously which is key.In my experience the bg's have the upper hand cos action generally beats reaction,and we are reacting to the bg's actions in these situations.that said,if you employ a fighting mentality should you get the chance you will stand a better chance than laying down and being left to the mercy of your attackers.Specific to the South African Situation,from my experience[4 attempted hijacking,1 actual hijacking,2 attempted home invasions,1 actual home invasion]don't expect the bg's to turn and run as soon as you fire the 1st shot.Our bg's are more determined than that and will put up a bit of a fight,probably to gain a hold of your fa.The difference between the unsuccessful attempts made on me and my property versus the 2 'successful' occasions was AWARENESS!On both occasions I had minimal to 0 situational awareness and it cost me.Also,the times when i did successfully defend myself there was no hesitation on my part.it goes down much quicker than you could anticipate and generally train for.dynamic training is key-just standing at the range punching holes at your leisure will help you with general gun handling and markmanship but practicing your draw under stress,hitting your targets while moving,engaging multiple targets from the weapon holstered etc will be beneficial to you becoming a sentinel.I am no expert,just talking from my own experience.People like Big T,Ikor and Ross would be better to take learnings from than i ever will,but if there are some things to learn from my experience,they are:Always be aware of your surroundings,TRAIN<TRAIN and just when you think you a Jedi Pistolero>TRAIN SOME MORE[high stress,dynamic training],and don't hesitate to 'throw down' at the drop of a hat.Its your life and those of your loved one's so fight your ass off to put an end to a potentially bad situation.

just my 2c.

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

Also-goes without saying that you should be carrying 24/7 with at least 1 spare mag/speedloader.

User

Thanks for sharing, ikor

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast