User

Default Watch out for the metro cops (Traffic cops)

I got pulled over by the metro cops this morning at 07:50 after overtaking a car. I did all this legally so decided to go look for some or other mistake they made to fight this in court.

I came across a site showing the traffic charge codes, after looking up my code I saw that I was being charged with driving under the influence of alcohol while being a professional driver(Code 5610). Now I've never had a job as a driver and they did not even do a breathalyzer test, yet now I have to go and dispute this in court and not even my legal overtaking of a vehicle.

They gave me a R1000 fine and I saw them pulling over a lot of cars on the same spot. I'm sure some of those people made a "deal" with the metro cops but I make a point of it not to give them anything. Especially when i did not do anything wrong.

Please correct me if I am wrong but don't you go to a holding cell if you are found to be driving under the influence.

If you get any fines please check the fine code and make sure that you were given a ticket for speeding for instance and not for driving a tractor on a highway. The AARTO system is being implemented to fill the coffers of the traffic departments here is a link to a IOL article done a while back. This makes me ask the question "Is the AARTO system actually there to make the roads safer?" That is why i will fight them every step of the way, I will make them work for my money, it may be the only way to get some of them to work.

Be aware that Christmas is getting closer and the metro are looking for their bonuses.

Done with my rant.....I feel so much calmer after this post

Default Re: Watch out for the metro cops (Traffic cops)

Bud, you won't need to go to court. Download the "Representation" form from the AARTO website, write your whole story on there, and ask the infringement notice to be withdrawn. Make copies, and post it to them via registered post.

I have never paid an AARTO fine, they have just given themselves too much admin to cope with. All representations have been successful so far. Find out where they screwed it up, and keep them to their own rules.

User

Default Re: Watch out for the metro cops (Traffic cops)

Download the "Representation" form from the AARTO website
    ill do that...i found the form and ill send in a motivation that is about the same thickness as a competancy/ rifle licence application, my last one was 37 pages, including pictures, precedents and a couple of quotes out of their own rule books.

Just want to say that i do not mind to go to the court but it is just so much easier to get them to withdraw the fine completely than to go have a fight with them.