Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Sports Adventure Shooting year end Family day

What a fantastic way to end the season! On Saturday we held our year end function/family day, which in effect was an EOTO session with wives , girlfriends kids and others. There were about 25 adults and 9 kids. After the basic safety briefing we divided up the guests into 2 details, rifle and handgun. We had set up a bunch of steel plates as targets and the SaS regulars had put some .22 rifles on the line. Soon, the pleasant ringing of plates could be heard. Rifles ranged from old mauser .22 bolt action, a lever action and a few semi auto's.

Over on the handgun detail we could soon hear the regular shots indicating that things were progressing nicely. They had pistols, ranging from colt 1911 45's, 40, 9mm, .25 22 magnum and 22lr. Soon everyone had put lead downrange with a variety of rifles and handguns and so we stopped for a break.

During the break some of us regulars put on a demo on some of the skills we train, to show that we dont just come down to the range and convert money into noise. After this, we swopped details and continued showing the guests the ropes. By far the most popular rifles were Camo's Ruger 10-22 with the red dot sight which was easier for the new shooters to get on target and of course Paul's S&W 15-22, which was ideally suited to the kids with short arms, although some struggled to get the hang of the peep sights. Also very popular was the lever action with many ladies saying that they wanted to shoot the "cowboy" rifle

When all had had thier fill we again did a demo for everyone. The Demo was our combatives drill, followed by a brief demo on 1st aid With that out the way the competition was under way and we set up some rather small (according to some) targets and everyone got down to some competitive shooting, putting 5 rounds onto a target with maximum score of 60. This was followed by the pistol competition which involved popping 2 balloons with 3 rounds with fastest time being the winner. A nice little prize giving was held where all participants got a certificate and the winners and runners up got some prizes.

With formalities over, the toys came out and then the fun began. Paul demo'd his shiny new Mp5 and directly thereafter we did a fire fighting drill We then played with Lm,s and shotguns and basically converted lots of money into noise, but it was certainly very fun!

Ultimately it was a fun safe day which hopefully changed the outlook of some of our nearest and dearest. I know that my nearests and dearest reluctantly admitted that she enjoyed it and is a lot more confident now. (thanks Mrs 47) To her utter horror my 6yr old asked can I have one for Christmas (refering to the 15-22)

User

Default Re: Sports Adventure Shooting year end Family day

Nice write up bushboy!

I certainly had a blast and I know SWAMBO did too, I think she shot about 15 different types of weapon in one day, not often you get a chance to do that. Big thanks to all the guys for being so accommodating and patient with the ladies and kids. Especially a big thanks to hellkitty for your guidance and enthusiasm.

Camo and the founders, you guys have created something amazing! Can't wait for next year.

Thanks to all for a great day

User

From me and the family’s side, Saturday was a huge success. My wife especially is not one that really enjoys range time all that much, but even she walked away with a big smile on her face, attesting to how well the day played out.

To the SAS team, thank you guys and girls, you make it all worth it. I have a feeling that next year is going to be huge for this sport. I don’t want to name names because I will probably forget someone, but Cammo : you are the man !

Helkitty, thank you for your patience on the range with the woman-folk, you are a born instructor.

Paul, I really should not thank you for letting me play with your toys, because ultimately it’s going to cost me a lot of money….. But thanks anyway! J That Siaga is a thing of beauty, and probably the next gun on my list.

See you all next year!

Had an absolute great day and had lots of fun - everybody was great :) Thank you Craig for organising everything and for your commitment throughout the year!

User

Nice job summing up Bushboy. The day was really fun and my Son and girlfriend both had a great day. Thanks Craig for the excellent organisation. Now to get to all the biscuits that went home in my car. ;-)

Sean
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Thanks for the Post BushBoy, summed up the day quiet nicely

Yes it really was a fun day, with some trepidation at first, but certainly smiles & laughing became the order of the day.

The day had some interesting unplanned events such as Dirk777 tyre change;
    Box demonstration of commercially available smoke canisters;
    A Tac SHAC fire lighter;
    aaaaaaand not to forget BushBoys bleeding elbow as a result of the combative, which gave LukeS an opportunity to demonstrate his skills.

My Grateful thanks to all who attended and assisted, in no specific order

• Mr. & Mrs 47 for the coaching.
    • Box & Secure Solutions for the .22lr ammo, the pepper spray and the smoke canisters and the fire extinguisher
    • Hellkitty, Paul & Tac SHAC for the coaching & .22lr ammo and the assorted toys Saiga, Dragnov, S&W 15/22 to mention but a few.
    • Mag for certificates RO’ing, scoring and the tale of Broke Back Mountain
    • Jessica for showing the adults how its done!
    • FN308 for the 10/22 and coaching.
    • Ciappa_r for coaching
    • Grobbie for keeping the ladies entertained & also showing them how to handle a pistol.
    • Sean Murphy for coaching & the combatives demo.
    • HDV for the combative & falling demo. Congrats on the L1!
    • Dirk777 for the tyre change practice & auditing the results
    • LukeS for the L/A Uberti “Cowboy” rifle & fixing a broken Bushboy
    • Bushboy for RO’ing the demo & the firefighting
    • Everyone for putting out the veld fire
    • All the wife’s & guest who supported us.

As you can see from the above it is a team effort, each person provided their own firearms as well as ammo for their family’s and guest, I do believe you guys all made a positive contribution to firearms ownership in this Gauteng in general & specifically showed the positive side of Sas.

Hope to see you all at Funky Town next year.

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

Thanks for the Post BushBoy, summed up the day quiet nicely

Yes it really was a fun day, with some trepidation at first, but certainly smiles & laughing became the order of the day.

The day had some interesting unplanned events such as Dirk777 tyre change;
    Box demonstration of commercially available smoke canisters;
    A Tac SHAC fire lighter;
    aaaaaaand not to forget BushBoys bleeding elbow as a result of the combative, which gave LukeS an opportunity to demonstrate his skills.

My Grateful thanks to all who attended and assisted, in no specific order

• Mr. & Mrs 47 for the coaching.
    • Box & Secure Solutions for the .22lr ammo, the pepper spray and the smoke canisters and the fire extinguisher
    • Hellkitty, Paul & Tac SHAC for the coaching & .22lr ammo and the assorted toys Saiga, Dragnov, S&W 15/22 to mention but a few.
    • Mag for certificates RO’ing, scoring and the tale of Broke Back Mountain
    • Jessica for showing the adults how its done!
    • FN308 for the 10/22 and coaching.
    • Ciappa_r for coaching
    • Grobbie for keeping the ladies entertained & also showing them how to handle a pistol.
    • Sean Murphy for coaching & the combatives demo.
    • HDV for the combative & falling demo. Congrats on the L1!
    • Dirk777 for the tyre change practice & auditing the results
    • LukeS for the L/A Uberti “Cowboy” rifle & fixing a broken Bushboy
    • Bushboy for RO’ing the demo & the firefighting
    • Everyone for putting out the veld fire
    • All the wife’s & guest who supported us.

As you can see from the above it is a team effort, each person provided their own firearms as well as ammo for their family’s and guest, I do believe you guys all made a positive contribution to firearms ownership in this Gauteng in general & specifically showed the positive side of Sas.

Hope to see you all at Funky Town next year.

Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Thanks to Camo and the rest of the team for a really splendid day with our families. All had a good time, and we got a chance to play with some really nice toys. Thanks to Paul and Hellkitty for bringing along some very cool stuff. I concur with HdV on the Saiga - really an awesome piece of equipment!

User

Here is a pic of me with the overall winner for the day.

Sean
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

User

Man, I'm now even more peeved that I missed it!

Nice pic Sean!
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

Sooooo Sean.....

Any biscuits left.....

Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast