Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: NGA 60gr 9mm Eliminators

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkind
    After seeing the things I've seen on the range (and others), I wouldn't touch anything NGA makes with a ten foot barge pole. Yet another firearm was sacrificed to the powder gods at a course two weeks ago.
    A KB obviously? I won't touch their range ammo EVER. Their factory ammo is another story though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank
    Their factory ammo is another story though.
    Are you willing to bet your gun on it?
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Or your fingers.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Well I have already. I've shot out plenty eliminators in my Star and a good few in my Glock as well, no hassels yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    But I would like to see properly performed testing on the bullet itself.
    +1

I have never come across any credable testing on this round. I yet want to see proof that the round can do what is claims to be capable to do. It it can do what it claims it can do I still have a concern with the cap on the front and that remains IMO a weak point that can lead to a malfunction. Should the concept work I would only use it in a revolver (and thus without the cap) and in own reloaded form.

Also the current trend is away from the hyper fast light bullets to more heavier bullets that would seem to be doing the job better. The idea that the tip will enhance penetration with the bit flat surface behind it just does not sit well with my logic. I may be wrong but I do not believe that it works.

No other major ammo manufacturer is offering anything similar and this could also be a possible indication about the real performance of this concept.

I think it is a case of the locals holding on to something and not keeping up with current developments.

User

YES! Absolutely.

Have done, will do, am doing.

This the problem with faulty or non-existant marketing. Don't compare a retread with a quality performance tyre. Reloads are reloads and they are crap but have their purpose. They are cheap inexpensive (relatively speaking) things to be blasted off willy-nilly. One company trying to fills all our needs gets shafted by their own efforts!

If Sentry rounds were sold by Fed/Win or Rem you wouldn't hesitate but because they are sold by the same co that offers you "cheap" crappy practice ammo they (the Elim/Sentry) are tarnished with the same brush.... do me a favour here okay. Loose your prejudices.

User

Gonna disagree here Federal a company with an outstanding reputation make Hydra Shock. There are ,in my opinion, a crap choice even though they are made by a well known company. Same goes for Winchester and the silvertip line.

This weekends shoot we had to send a shooter home after his second squib in a couple of rounds. No excuse for that. While I dont expect Black Hills quality from them a little powder would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by HotDawg
    If Sentry rounds were sold by Fed/Win or Rem you wouldn't hesitate but because they are sold by the same co that offers you "cheap" crappy practice ammo they (the Elim/Sentry) are tarnished with the same brush.... do me a favour here okay. Loose your prejudices.
    Why should I lose my predudices when I've seen a number of guns pop with NGA ammo? To say oh it's ok, they're just reloads, doesn't excuse the FACT that their quality control is shocking.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Quote Originally Posted by HotDawg
    Why should I lose my predudices when I've seen a number of guns pop with NGA ammo? To say oh it's ok, they're just reloads, doesn't excuse the FACT that their quality control is shocking.
    On their re-loads, Yes, most definately. Regarding the Eliminators, I have to disagree until proven otherwise.
    I know guys have had 'issues' relating to the QC on Eliminators, but I haven't had any issues out of the several hundred I've shot out of both my Glock and Star.
    Not ignoring advice here, but would like to see it for myself before I stop using them (I don't carry them in my everyday mags but have them as backup ammo).
    As for the caps giving issues, I superglue all my caps down when I buy a box of Eliminators (have been doing so for years) and it works fine. Cap still comes off after leaving the barrel but will
    not come off in the chamber/mag causing a jam.

User

Years ago as a rookie in practical shooting I lost a slide and barrel on a G22 due to NGA. I do not trust NGA ammo and will never trust them due to ongoing quality control problems.

Recently a friend from the US shooting NGA 223 out of an M4 said the NGA ammo was the worst he has ever seen, causing several feeding and extraction problems in a rifle that has until then (and afterwards again) fired several thousands of rounds of assorted ammo including several hundred Wolf steel cased 223.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast