Default Whats my chances?

This may have been discussed on here, but I would like to know if someone recently got a second rifle licensed, that was very close in calibre to one he already owned. I have a 308win, and a 375hh but I want to add a 30-06 to my arsenal.
    Im with SA Hunters and have dedicated hunter status. My motivation will more or less be that the 308 will be used with 150gr bullets for small game like impala and blesbuck and the 30-06 with 180-200 gr bullets for large game like kudu and wildebeest. The 30-06 is also a better long ranger with the 165gr bulllets. Whats the chances of getting this one right the first time?

Banned

Default Re: Whats my chances?

It is doable. Motivate carefully. I motivated my 8x57 which is really close to the 30-06 with the following basics: 222 for varminting, teaching and practise; 308 for short to medium range general purpose work and the 8x57 as a next step for medium+ range for larger species. PM me an email adress, I'll send you the motivation.

User

Advice I recently received regarding motivating a 2nd handgun of the same caliber is to emphasize not only why the new one is suited BUT ALSO why the others are unsuitable for what you want to do.

Good luck with the app!

User

I have a 1/10 twist 308
    Last year I got a Lic for a 1/12 twist 308

I have 3 x 9mmP pistols and 1 x 9mmP carbine and will be applying for my 4th 9mmP pistol a bit later this year

Motivate properly and honestly

Thanx guys. Your giving me hope!!!

Banned

You could also motivate with the minimum energy requirements - requiring a certain minumum weight/energy value for a certain situation, like a 250gr bullet for eland at a given sitance. Not a very good point but worth mentioning.

Banned

Being honest usually counts in your favour. Some people might think the guys at CFR are idiots, but they can still smell BS a mile away. Just say why you need the gun and thank them for their time. E.g. a different twist rate means a different weight of bullet which in turn means one gun is better suited to bigger game or longer shots (or however it works).

With dedicated status and good motivation you can have multiple rifles of the exact same rifles! I've got 3x 3006 and 2 416 Rigby s

Calibre I mean

User

Yes, I agree - motivate honestly and be open about what you want to do with it. I have a Enfield no 4 Mk II (F). I keep it in the original condition, no optics. I want another one on which I want to put a replica scope of the No 4 Mk I (T). My motivation is that I want to acquire the art of long range shooting and that I need to put a scope on it. Given the fact that the Enfield has a very specific scope mount which really has to be fixed permanently by drilling and tapping and the problems experienced by using "clip on" mounts, you have to drill and tap the receiver and you cannot easily put the mount on or remove it quickly either - it is a fixed addition.

Therefore, I need a second rifle to which I can make these modifications. I really do want to do exactly this with a second one. Not saying it will necessarily be approved, but it is worth a shot.

Regards and good luck!

Werner