Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How long after the rifle appeal is successful can I get approval

How long after the rifle appeal is successful can I get approval

User

Default Re: How long after the rifle appeal is successful can I get approval

It was 7 days for me.

User

Looked at my sms's now, and mine was 1 day.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

The successful appeal is the approval
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    The successful appeal is the approval
    It is not... CFR still need to update their system to indicate approval, a second sms is sent (and at this point your dfo can print an instruction to release firearm, not before cfr system shows approved license)

Quote Originally Posted by luke peter View Post
    It is not... CFR still need to update their system to indicate approval, a second sms is sent (and at this point your dfo can print an instruction to release firearm, not before cfr system shows approved license)
    The Instruction to release. Dont you still have to wait for the license card.

User

I didn't... This is not consistently applied by DFOs or gun shops though...

Oh wow ..my approval came through 2 weeks ago . So in essance my DFO can print a letter to that effect which is acceptable to my dealer to release my firearm ?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

User

I checked with dealer first (if they would release on stamped printout with DFO instruction) then asked DFO if she would be willing to give me the aforementioned document. Both affirmative, got sms of approval on Tuesday, collected on Thursday.

Disclaimer, my DFO is exceptionally reasonable and professional, your experience may differ.

Great to know . This is very positive going forward . Thanks for the posts guys . Mike Durban

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast