Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: So you want a SEMI-AUTO RIFLE/SHOTGUN [guide]

Shady....Shady...bud, this is not SMS talk.

if you have sufficient motivation, have Dedicated status, and no criminal record, you should not have any worries.

User

Funny that I just got a semi automatic shotgun and a semi automatic rifle licenced 2 weeks ago after the submission had been in at CFR for 3 weeks. My motivation was really only a paragraph long... but had a good few pages of proof of what was said therein.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Funny that I just got a semi automatic shotgun and a semi automatic rifle licenced 2 weeks ago after the submission had been in at CFR for 3 weeks. My motivation was really only a paragraph long... but had a good few pages of proof of what was said therein.

If I may ask, did you need to obtain the HMC (carbine) compatency for the semi auto rifle or were the normal compatancy for rifle suffucient?

Regards,

Attie

User

HMC = semi auto rifle & semi auto shotgun
    rifle = bolt action rifle
    shotgun = pump shotgun

no competency for your rifle = refusal

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lian
    HMC = semi auto rifle & semi auto shotgun
    rifle = bolt action rifle
    shotgun = pump shotgun

no competency for your rifle = refusal
    That's how it should be IMO.ba mate had his lm refused with only hmc comp, and 2 more are fighting big battles.

User

Quote Originally Posted by At308 View Post
    If I may ask, did you need to obtain the HMC (carbine) compatency for the semi auto rifle or were the normal compatancy for rifle suffucient?

Regards,

Attie
    I got all 4 competancies... Handgun, HMC (which should be SLR apparently), shotgun (oddly enough this is for pump, double barrel and semi-auto) and rifle... wasn't taking any chances ;)

User

Cool thanks, just submitted my "application for further compatancy" for HMC. Funny, I did the unit standard in 2007 and applied for all 4 catagories, only hadgun, rifle and shotgun was awarded back then.

According to DFO, should take a month or so. Already started the paper war for the motivation for a Ruger Mini 14 I recently bought. I have dedicated sportshoot as well as hunter and (touch wood) have never had a license refused. Giong a bit of a diffrent road then mentioned in the thread, but pretty convinced once my 10 pager is completed I can convince them the "need" for the semi auto. I really hope this works. Also going to the sport shooter route, but a slightly diffrent route ;-)

User

Quote Originally Posted by farmer-el View Post
    That's how it should be IMO.ba mate had his lm refused with only hmc comp, and 2 more are fighting big battles.
    I only have HMC and handgun. My application for my 15-22 was sent back from provincial DFO stating that I do not have the correct competency, apparently you must have the rifle competency. I then spoke to Colonel Semilane at provincial DFO office and he said all I require for the SLR is the HMC competency…….go figure…..

User

CFR is hugely confused most of the time.

User

Just a quick update. If you want a semi-automatic rifle (LM5, LM4, M&P15-22 and so on) you must have the RIFLE competency and NOT the Hand Machine Carbine. The HMC competency is for your Uzi and so on. This from Colonel Motau, Colonel Semilane and the office of Brigadier Miriam Mangwane. I did not speak directly to the General, but hey someone in her office answered the phone.
    I worked my way through the CFR contact list, most of the Colonels did not answer their phones, but those are the three that did and they are senior ranking officers. I have been on the phone with a lot of other people, including a bunch of Captains and an endless amount of people at the CFR callcentre. Now before everybody goes ballistic, I have been making calls for the last 2 and a half weeks (everyday) and this is what I got…..use it don’t use, it is up to you. Yes, I argued with these people for hours about the unit standards and blah-blah-blah….O and another tidbit, if you don’t have an endorsement letter from your club/federation, your application will most likely NOT succeed.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast