Thread: Secrecy Bill

User

Default Secrecy Bill

In response to something else entirely, esr sums up neatly how I feel about the media types complaining about the secrecy bill.

Quote Originally Posted by esr
    So here’s a clue: the only way to keep your freedom – on the Internet or anywhere else – is to defend everyone else’s freedom as well, by keeping your government tiny and starved and rigidly constrained in what it can do.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: Secrecy Bill

Quote Originally Posted by wrm View Post
    In response to something else entirely, esr sums up neatly how I feel about the media types complaining about the secrecy bill.
    Freedom is indivisible. Remove one single element and the entire structure collapses.

Do you remember my "It's about the Constitution (stupid)!" theme on E-TV?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

I did find it ironic on another thread , that those arguing against the legalization of drugs, were the same who would argue for the relaxation of gun ownership legislation.

What really irks me ,is that the press missed the bigger picture and is only up in arm now, because it affects them directly.

Its the same as wanting to ban alcohol while driving. What should happen is that anyone convicted of drunk driving and involved in an accident that claims lives, should be charged with murder and hanged.

Same for drugs ,there is no need for heavy restrictions, people must just be suitably held accountable for their actions.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Biggest problem I have with the USA gunnies. They're pro-gun, anti government telling them what to do, and even pro-drug (actually, anti-War on Drugs) but most of them want government to make/keep abortion illegal and they're not interested in debating that one.

With a few exceptions, the press shafted us around ten years ago. But that's how they operate, they print what they think people wanted to hear and they thought (GFSA did a good job there) that people wanted gun control when in fact they wanted crime control -- of course the press was and still is instrumental in making people think that those two things are the same.