User

Default Do We Really Have To Prepare For The Fourth Box?

From Sweden, via Claire, Do We Really Have To Prepare For The Fourth Box?

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Pravin Lal
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Wolfe
    You know how, in a breakup of a really terrible relationship, you sometimes go back? And back? You consider maybe it wasn’t so bad … maybe you can patch things up … it’s lonely and scary on your own. So you go back — and it really was just as impossible as you remembered. So you leave again. But then, maybe later you give it yet another try. After all, there must have been some reason you loved that person once. And you’ve put so much effort into the relationship already. And maybe some of the perceived mistreatment was your fault, after all. “If I just work a little harder, things’ll get better …”

But after some undefinable amount of back-and-forthing, you reach a moment — and you really know that moment, you always do — where It Is Over. And no matter how scary the big, bad world might be, you will never feel even the flicker of another temptation to reconcile or believe the old lies. Never again in your entire life.

Well, baby, for all decent people and the abusive government they once might have had fond, hopeful feelings for — It Is Over.

Default Re: Do We Really Have To Prepare For The Fourth Box?

Worth the read!
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Default Re: Do We Really Have To Prepare For The Fourth Box?

It always amazes me how there is nothing new, generations past have had their own versions of what we are experiencing today. I sent the above link to a much older and more knowledgeable friend of mine and he sent me the below as a reply.

In November 1945 German Pastor Martin Niemöller visited the former Dachau concentration camp, where he had been imprisoned from 1941 to April 1945. His November 1945 diary entry and some subsequent speeches he gave imply that that visit triggered the thought that became this famous quotation.

First they came for the communists <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist> ,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_unionist> ,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews> ,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me.