Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Flashlight

User

Default Re: EDC Flashlight

Quote Originally Posted by shark_za View Post
    /snip
    The Olights mentioned and the Surefire are tactical forward press switches while the two Fenix mentioned are reverse clicky switches.
    ie, press to click and it only comes on when you release. The Surefire/Olights activate as soon as the first forward motion happens. May be an issue, depending on your use.
    /snip
    Thanks for the reply.
    Thing is that Surefire don't mention anywhere on their site about waterproofness but Fenix actively advertises this so if a problem occurs Surefire can just say, "but we never said our lights are waterproof"...

Regarding switches, the Fenix PD32 has the momentary on switch like the Surefire/Olights....

Quote Originally Posted by d7e7r7 View Post
    Hi guys,

I am wanting to buy an everyday carry torch that I will wear on my belt but need some advice...
    The Fenix PD32 looks really nice but I'm worried ease of availability and price of the CR123A batteries it takes.
    Should I rather be looking at something that takes AA batteries, like the Fenix LD20? The LD20's output is much less compared to the PD32's though and it is longer which will matter as it will be on my belt all day long.

I have only mentioned Fenix's because I looked at the Surefire's but what put me off them is that they are not waterproof like the Fenix flashlights are.

Any ideas/suggestions would be welcome...

Thanks
    CR123 batteries are available at Sharpe Edge in Sandton. Expensive, but almost always in stock

User

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTalin View Post
    CR123 batteries are available at Sharpe Edge in Sandton. Expensive, but almost always in stock
    I'm in Cape Town... Plus the rechargeable 18650 batteries look to be a better bet....

User

Quote Originally Posted by d7e7r7 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Regarding switches, the Fenix PD32 has the momentary on switch like the Surefire/Olights....
    Ok so its got a side switch for modes now, cool.
    A change from the P3D , PD30 and PD31.

---------- Post added at 07:02 ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 ----------

I would get the Fenix then, the quality is probably a little better than all the other Chinese lights, I have 4 of them and they are some of my favourites.
    TK20, LD10 with L2D tube to make LD20.
    In fact I'm going to get a PD32 now.

Consider the 4Sevens at least.
    http://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=297_306

User

Among my "toys" I have a very cheap (R170) LED Lenser L5, I have found it to be very portable and more than bright enough for most needs (looking for stuff in the dark, checking for perceived BG's at night, braaiing etc.) The battery life with one AA size battery is not excellent but I quite like the fact that extra batteries are always available. It has become my edc torch and while it might not be a dedicated "tactical flash lite" I am rather pleased with its performance.
    I am sure that the flashlights noted in the above threads are of a higher quality and brighter as well, look at getting one as an extra, at the price it is a bargain.
    Last edited by Revolver; 29-12-2011 at 09:19. Reason: spelling

How on earth do you guy get all the stuff on your belts?

James May on the Top Gear Bolivia Trip

I'm currently carrying FA, 2x Mags, Ka-Bar, Leatherman, House & Car Keys & some day's i feel like a pack mule. Taking a seat in the car is a Bitch if i have one of said things in the wrong place.

I'm considering getting a running backpack to slug most of the stuff around in...

I have a ThruNite A1 that I bought from Khumba. I think it is about 140 Lumens and it uses 1 AA batery. It is an excellent little EDC light. The price is also good.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man…"

User

Any dealers able to import the Fenix PD32 and offer it locally at a competitive price?

User

Awesome tools are the Fenix importer, they are a bit slow in getting the latest stuff, a couple of months after its available they stock em.
    Economics.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shark_za View Post
    Awesome tools are the Fenix importer, they are a bit slow in getting the latest stuff, a couple of months after its available they stock em.
    Economics.
    I emailed them and was told:
    We only have stock of the PD30 and the price would be R 780.00 including vat but not batteries.

The PD32 will only be available towards the end of February 2012 and with the current exchange rate it will be R 1,299.00 including vat but not batteries.

The non-rechargeable batteries are R 50.00ea and the re-chargeable batteries are R 95.00ea.

The PD31 is no longer available.
    Seems it would probably be cheaper for me to just order it off Amazon?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast