Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: EDC Flashlight

Default Re: EDC Flashlight

Whatever you get, you will eventually get another and...probably...another again later.

What exactly are you going to use it for mostly? Why is waterproofing so important to you?

IMO Quality is not cheap. 'Lumens' are not all the same, so be a bit skeptical when two lights of equal size and price claim hugely different numbers, and a true EDC light should be both useful for YOUR needs and small enough that you won't start leaving it home after a few weeks. I use the VTAC version of the SureFire E2L as I do not like a strike bezel for EDC in a pocket, and that anodized head will still do plenty damage if needed as an impact tool.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Good call ikon, last nights braai had me and my mate with his super duper vibrator size 400lumen cheapie against the e2d, the e2d won on beam length, brightness and even ness of hot spot, oh and he was not prepared to chuck it in the pool and I was!!!!

As an edc torch I personally don't believe that waterproof is high on my list, If I have to get into water quickly chances are its to get some one out of it, I'm not going to take off all my electronics then get in, I'm in there straight away and worry about a dead phone and car key later.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    Whatever you get, you will eventually get another and...probably...another again later.

What exactly are you going to use it for mostly? Why is waterproofing so important to you?

IMO Quality is not cheap. 'Lumens' are not all the same, so be a bit skeptical when two lights of equal size and price claim hugely different numbers, and a true EDC light should be both useful for YOUR needs and small enough that you won't start leaving it home after a few weeks. I use the VTAC version of the SureFire E2L as I do not like a strike bezel for EDC in a pocket, and that anodized head will still do plenty damage if needed as an impact tool.
    I'm looking at the light to wear on my belt and carry with me everyday. So it could/would be used as a self defense tool as well as just generally using it to see things in the dark.
    Waterproofing is important because I want the light to still work fine if I drop it in water or if something happens to it.
    That's why I'm looking at the Fenix TK15, Fenix PD32 & Olight M20s...

The plus of the Olight is that it is much more modular than the Fenix's so parts can be replaced/upgraded easily. Another plus is that the strobe function is immediately accessible from off. Negatives are reports of PWM from owners of the torch and the higher price compared to the Fenix's...

The plus of the Fenix is that it's cheaper than the Olight, has good reviews from almost all it's owners and there is no reports of PWM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5