Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 'Budget' Flashlight...

As mentioned and recommended in this topic EDC Flashlight

I'm also looking at buying a new flashlight but being on a bit tighter budget than most people on the site seem to be i'm pushing my limits (and using some XMas money) by saying R400 would be roughly the max i can currently justify spending on a flashlight.

I currently have two flashlights, both no name for all purposes, they both lasted me about 2years (one maybe a bit longer seeing as i it was mostly only used in the car but even it with all the drops and falls is starting to become slightly unreliable.

So i figured i might as well spend a bit extra and buy a decent flashlight that could last me a lifetime. My personal experience with flashlights are Maglite my dad has one that's still going strong after 20odd years and a Wolf-Eyes Defender a friend got as a gift.

So any recommendation for flashlights in that price range?

I've looked at LED-Lense at the outdoor stores and they seem to produce decent light & be strong enough to take a hit for around R400. Then of course Maglite has Mag-Lite LED 3W 2D Torch.

Other than that i have not seen or handled any of the flashlights mentioned on the site, ooo forgot i did hold the Olight M20S once but that is way over my price range.

If you guys can't recommend a flashlight in that that price range or think it would be best to save up a bit more for one of the more expensive ones then i guess i'll have to work on building my R100 night vision glasses 1st and then save up some more...

Have a look at the Light Saver lights. I cannot get to the website to see current prices but there is an old thread about them on GS as well.

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...htsaver-LS-162

Default Re: 'Budget' Flashlight...

Thanx Rudes will take a look finding info on them is just a bit tricky since google keeps thinking i meant Lightsaber & even youtube thinks i'm a dyslectic Star Wars Fan...

As for the web-site no prices & new windows opening every time you click something. They clearly got a very smooth sales man that sold them on the whole flash sites are the sh!t idea, cause heck it's not a very user friendly site imho...

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyTazz4Ever
    Thanx Rudes will take a look finding info on them is just a bit tricky since google keeps thinking i meant Lightsaber & even youtube thinks i'm a dyslectic Star Wars Fan...
    www.lightsaver.co.za

It runs Flash which neither my iPad nor my Nokia will display. I am at a conference so no PC access this week.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Damn! I hate Flash sites...

Their IT decision-maker should be beaten like a runaway slave!
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

i'll send the a mail asking for places that stock / sell them in pta area or online stores that sell then...

Rudes Opera Mobile can handle most flash sites iirc but it does come at a data cost cause it doesn't compress the sites as much as Opera Mini does. If you still wanna check it out install it on the Nomia should work!

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyTazz4Ever
    i'll send the a mail asking for places that stock / sell them in pta area or online stores that sell then...
    The other GS thread that I mentioned above made mention of Rescomp selling the Light Saver lights so that might b a place to start. They are in the Queenswood area so just around the corner from you.

Opera Mobile on iPad does not show anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes View Post
    The other GS thread that I mentioned above made mention of Rescomp selling the Light Saver lights so that might b a place to start. They are in the Queenswood area so just around the corner from you.

Yea they have no mention of it on the site so i thought they stopped selling it, but i'll send them a mail again...

i also checked the last post in that topic the guy mentions Military & Security Equipment also checked there site and also no lightsaver mentioned on the site any more...

Seems like saving up for the more expensive flashlights is going to become a option...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes View Post

Opera Mobile on iPad does not show anything.
    Could have sworn it supported flash but guess i was wrong... I'll check on the wife's phone tonight!

User

Look at the Olight i6 - imo it is a killer light at the performance and price point.

I also cannot currently justify spending extreme prices on a flashlight.

I got myself the LED-Lenser P7, aluminium housing and very quick one handed focusing system.

I don't quite believe the lumen ratings on the boxes, but for the price, I am very happy with my flashlight.
    One important thing to look out for when buying budget flashlights: The chinese like to put features in stuff, so for every click of the button you might start cycling through full power on, half power on, strobe, SOS, and disco. This gets very irritating, very quickly.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast