Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    User

Default Re: How many mags should you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    Luke1 the max is 200 if you don't have dss/dh
    Just read this now

"The holder of a licence to possess a firearm referred to in Chapter 6(LICENCE TO POSSESS FIREARM) section 13(self defence) , may not possess more than 200 cartridges for each firearm in respect of which he or she holds a license."

User

Good Post

User

That is contrary to the wording of the DSS/DH exception.

And it sounds like they want to apply it to any guns you have in conjunction to S13.

Where dis you read it?

For my sec 13 G17 I have 6 mags which I consider to be the minimum. More are welcome.
    For my sec 16 PPK that I am going to collect next week I have 5 mags. More are welcome.
    For my sec 15 Betetta .22lr i only hav 2 mags. I had a third one but i lost it. Need more mags.

User

I think most who EDC would say x1 in your firearm + at least one spare, just in case SHTF and you have to do a reload due to a malfunction or if you really have to shoot the Sht out of your threads. lol
    When I travel on holiday I carry all x3.
    To the shop down the road x1
    IDPA min x3 mags.
    Carry how you want. Depends on what you are doing I suppose.

User

Since I'm a big believer of preparing for the worst, I like to store as much ammo in magazines as possible, therefor I have combined 5000+ rounds of ammo ready to use in about 200 magazines. And yes, I'm occasionally still buying more for the ammo in the cans, I always try to buy a bit more ammo than I shoot.

May sound a lot, but if you allocate them to my long and short guns, I think the number is a bare minimum.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lejaun79 View Post
    I think most who EDC would say x1 in your firearm + at least one spare, just in case SHTF and you have to do a reload due to a malfunction or if you really have to shoot the Sht out of your threads. lol
    When I travel on holiday I carry all x3.
    To the shop down the road x1
    IDPA min x3 mags.
    Carry how you want. Depends on what you are doing I suppose.
    Are you carrying extra mags for capacity or stoppage clearance? Because that can be needed on your own drive, never mind the shop down the road

User

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    May sound a lot, but if you allocate them to my long and short guns, I think the number is a bare minimum.
    I believe in being prepared and keep some loaded mags for my guns in the safe, but if you shoot empty any one of yours you may have the world record for most ammo fired on a private defence encounter, ever :D. .Unless it's for long term supply. Which sounds crazy until you read about people who survived places that needed it

User

Long term is the keyword. There may be a time when my closest mom and pop gun store is out of everything just like grocer's and my HQ is swarming with my family and select friends with their families and hopefully some guns and ammo; that's when the ammo may have to last long, long time and most of the mags will be handed over to them. So it's not just me and one encounter, we are talking about dozens of people and undefined amount of time. Maybe years.

Told you I'm preparing for the worst, which with my experience is a bad place to be alone with six mags and 200 rounds of ammo.

What if nothing ever happens? I'll live happily with my family and I'll never have to buy another magazine. No harm done, and my heirs may either keep'em or sell'em

User

Ameen!!

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    Long term is the keyword. There may be a time when my closest mom and pop gun store is out of everything just like grocer's and my HQ is swarming with my family and select friends with their families and hopefully some guns and ammo; that's when the ammo may have to last long, long time and most of the mags will be handed over to them. So it's not just me and one encounter, we are talking about dozens of people and undefined amount of time. Maybe years.

Told you I'm preparing for the worst, which with my experience is a bad place to be alone with six mags and 200 rounds of ammo.

What if nothing ever happens? I'll live happily with my family and I'll never have to buy another magazine. No harm done, and my heirs may either keep'em or sell'em

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast