Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Hunting available

Goeiedag

Hier die datums vir biltong jag wat nog beskibaar is vir hierdie jag seisoen indien U sou belangstel.

April
    23 April - 26 April

May
    28 Mei - 31 Mei

Junie
    25 Junie - 28 Junie

Julie
    9 Julie - 12 Julie
    16 Julie - 19 Julie
    23 Julie - 26 Julie
    30 Julie - 2 Augustus

Augustus
    13 Augustus - 16 Agustus
    20 Augustus - 23 Augustus
    27 Augustus - 30 Augustus

Vriendelike Boesmanland Groete
    Teuns Nel
    fighting0035

User

Default Re: Hunting available

What is available? fighting0035
    Price? confused0083
    Which area? ???
    Contact details? lv29

www.boesmanlandsafaris.com For more details

User

ProHunter - Teuns
    Is this your family's place? Website Map doesnt show Thabazimbi, but RSA/Botswana Border?
    I am a Wors/Patty/Biltong Hiker/Hunter - 90% walking & stalking and 10% hunting
    I love the veld and getting back to being at peace with myself in nature

Comments (personally)
    Rooibok Ewe too pricy - average should be R550 - unless you prefer them not to be hunted
    Rooibok Ram: under 20" average price -- as long as I the guide says its ok an I dont end up shooting a 21"
    Bushbuck Ewe - Average price
    Warthog - R100 above average
    Blue Wildebeest Cow - Really to much R1600 is more like it
    Blue Wildebeets Bull under 20" 2K would be more like it

Dayfees are really very steep..
    I am looking at R250 max - R200 average and 10 year old son R50
    Spending R450 a night for my son and I is really Trophee Drinker Prices
    Just my 2cents worth

Please try to put some light on the matter

No Comment.

You are like the People in the Bow hunting Forun.The price you see is the price you pay...

Have a fun filled day doing nothing .

I shot 8 impalas 2 oryx and 3 Wilde beest

Now only looking for the eland thats on special . There i Must get 3 of them///

Chow

Banned

Gidsie, I'm in no way associated with Pro Hunter or his business, in fact all I know about it is what I've read on his website.  I'd like to make a few observations on your observations though.  Game farming like all industries are under massive financial strain.  In addition, they have to cope with the vagaries of the weather, global warming, El Nino, nature, diseases, poaching, the guhvament etc.  It is true that many game farms fu*k hunters over, especially with hidden costs and mysterious unannounced "ad-ons" but, as Pro Hunter says, the price you see (more about this later) is the price you pay.  Basically, this is a free and open market, if you don't like the price, shop elsewhere.  If you go to Pick 'n Pay and you find that R14 for a liter of milk is over the top, do you go to the store manager and haggle for a lower price?  No.  You either "kak en betaal" or you shop elsewhere.  Why should you expect a different mandate, business model and reaction from a game farm, which is a business after-all and their objective is to make money?  If you expect the prices that you are used to (set out in your post), to be as you believe and maintain below to be the "average" and "maximum" then I'm afraid that you are in for a very rude surprise and will soon end up doing 100% walking & stalking and 0% hunting.  Seriously bro, global warming is a MoFo.

FWIW I paid R1500 for an impala ram last week and a buddy paid R4200 for a blue wildebeest bull.  High, I know but watch the prices of "common" game skyrocket in the next few years.  I attended a game auction yesterday and was GOBSMACKED at the prices reached for game.  Springbok going for R6500 (minimum per head R1200) is a bad sign of things to come (pricewise).  Oh and btw, that R6500 for a single springbok ram is not the highest price paid at auction in SA for a springbok.

Anyhoo, on some of your comments on Pro Hunter's prices, allow me to retort (Pro Hunter please forgive me if it seems as if I'm doing this on your behalf):

Quote Originally Posted by Gidsie
    Rooibok Ewe too pricy - average should be R550 - unless you prefer them not to be hunted
    Rooibok Ram: under 20" average price -- as long as I the guide says its ok an I dont end up shooting a 21"
    Impala:  You say average (non-trophy): R500 / Pro Hunter's prices: R750 - R1200 (trophy)

Prices advertised in the April issue of Magnum (generally non-trophy - ram / ewe):

R850 / R650
    R700 / R550
    R650
    R700
    R950
    R700
    R650
    R750
    R700
    R750
    R900 / R400
    R850 / R700
    R750
    R850

'Nuff said.

Dude, are you hunting or shopping?  Do you want the guide to pull the trigger for you as well?  Although I hear what you’re saying you are hiring a field guide to accompany you and not a PH.  You are the one pulling the trigger at the end of the day, your guide has just guided you to the place.  The rest is up to your skill level (i.e. shot placement, animal judgement etc.) as a hunter.  If you are not comfortable with your skill level to call and make the shot then do something about it.  Don't pass that burden on to the guide.

Blue Wildebeest Cow - Really to much R1600 is more like it
    Blue Wildebeets Bull under 20" 2K would be more like it
    Blue Wildebeest:  You say: R1600 (cow) - R2000 (bull under 20") / Pro Hunter's prices: R2200 - R3500 (25" + trophy)

Prices advertised in the April issue of Magnum (cow or bull / cow):

R3000 / R2300
    R3000 / R2500
    R3300
    R2500 (from)
    R2600
    R2000
    R2300
    R2200
    R2000
    R2300
    R2800 / R2500
    R2800
    R3500 / R2200

'Nuff said.

Dayfees are really very steep..
    I am looking at R250 max - R200 average and 10 year old son R50
    Day fees:  You say: R250 max / Pro Hunter's prices: R300

PPPD prices advertised in the April issue of Magnum (hunter):

R275
    R700
    R300
    R320
    R1000
    R200 (“extras” R250)
    R700 (double)
    R300
    R250
    R275
    R2500
    R450
    R250
    R350
    R285
    R300
    R400
    R290
    R500
    R300

Again, 'nuff said.

Remember also that Magnum generally advertises to the entry-level / biltong hunter / middle income market and their prices (set out above) are in fact on the low / mid end side of the price range.

Just my 2cents worth
    You get what you pay for in life Gidsie...  hpy180

From the above I think it's pretty obvious that your prices, which you believe are average or max, are in fact a few years behind the curve.  Pro Hunter's prices aren't cheap but they aren't IMO expensive either.  Gidsie, I'm not trying to knock you, but I have friends in the game industry and I see them pull their hair out when they pay R1200 at auction for an impala, advertise a price of R1000 per head online, in brochures and in periodicals and then get irate correspondence from local biltong hunters who want an impala at R500 and they want an accommodation rate of R250 pppd (max) and that must include a guide, bakkie and slaughtering and a 10% discount for cash!  Keep in mind that, that same game farm can make 10X that amount on an impala if marketed solely to the trophy or overseas market, which some of the game farms I hunt have in fact done.  Due largely to the local attitude mentioned before, they do not want local biltong hunters on their farm, period.  They market (now) solely to local trophy hunters and overseas clients.

One thing that DOES irk me massively about Pro Hunter's website and prices (and it's often found on game farm advertisements) is the portion that reads: "All price are Vat exclusive".  C'mon dude!!!  This is the year 2009.  Get with the program.  That trick went out ages ago  grn1

Good huntin' y'all!

User

this is wat i pay: impala and springbuck 600,eland 6500,kudu 4500,blue wildebeest 3500,warthog 400. Day fee 250. OR impala and blue wildebeest for free on a friends farm. If he wants to add hiden costs i wil refer him back to the agreement that we set up in te begining. Dont know why hunters dont write out a simular agreement BEFORE they start to hunt

User

Deonh
    I dont agree with your interpretations lets leave it at that... :-*
    Farmers advertising in the Magnum are probably less than 10% of available hunts, and they are probably not part of my Stats...
    Limpopo Farmers seem to be the ones pushing up their prices the most--- He can still remember that team of "Saudis" from last week that he pocketed R200K from...

How come Eastern cape farmers have survived all these years - our average in our family of Hunters for last years Kudus was R14.50 / kg (15 farms) (Nee en ek deel NIE name uit nie) whp

I tend to try to skip the over Commercialized Farms, expect if I have a good reason eg Shelldrake

I also try to NEVER hunt on a farm without a good references. I am also looking for a nice experience not just a dead animal on a hook..

Many RSA Farmers have forgotton what real hunters look like ... Drinkers, Party animals, Overseas Shooters, etc and it seems that a certain Farmers seem to "pull" a certain type of Hunter
    Any if a farmer reacts in the way that ProHunter does.. to me it is a reflection of the Farmers whole attitude towards hunters... confused0068

I also asked why his website map shows Botswana Border and he indicates Thabazimbi - No Feedback

Last point - refer to your remark "Do you want the guide to pull the trigger for you as well?"

I will not shoot at any animal being hunted that I cannot clearly see. But if the guide or farmer knows I am hunting for biltong and points out eg a 22" Impala to me, I WILL pay under 20" prices

Maybe you should

User

I know of a good farm in Kimberley were the party does still happen, good shooting, good times, great memories

User

You people who charge such ridiculous prices will start believing your own BS soon. What a load of utter crap! I will not pay the prices I have seen on ths thread - these are stupid prices and will see game farms go under. Gidsie - I agree with you completely! The Eastern Cape mob are down to earth folk who live in the real world and make hunting affordable for local folk. I dream of a bushveld hunt but will not pay over the top prices! Throw your brain at the problem and not your wallet. As a local I am shocked at the way our resources are being made less and less accessible to us. I can no longer dive Perlemoen, the crayfish season is being cut short, I may only catch 2 Geelbek BUT the overseas market comes first and we must bow and scrape before them. There is enough money to be made from local folk who want biltong. It is just a matter of marketing. Husband brings wife who stays for free and kids half price with animals well priced means money from various sources not just hunting. The women moderate the mens behaviour and everyone has a great time and returns the next year. We must protect our hunting venues and ensure there is an affordable place for our children. This should not be a rich man's pastime but should rather be well within the reach of all. Sometimes I wonder if the gamefarmers have lost focus and have been bitten by the money bug.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast