Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default PAR Mk3 vs NEA-15

Hi all!

I know Hamza already started a similar thread about AR's in SA but that only helped to make me more confused...!
    But after alot of research trying to decide which rifle to buy but I just can't seem to be able to decide between these two...

They are both beautiful weapons and tick all the right boxes and that only makes it harder to choose :P

I know some of you guys actually own these rifles so please fell free to add your R0.02

Any advise from you guys would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Darwin

Banned

Default Re: PAR Mk3 vs NEA-15

Pick the NEA if you want a gas direct impingment system. Pick the PAR if you want a piston driven gas system

That is really the only difference between the two rifles other than a few other minor differences

NEA 15 For sure, have heard the PAR's are very very soft!

User

NEA

User

The NEA on SAt was my best shooting experience ever. Full Stop! Haven't shot the PAR, but it would have to be extra special. The NEA is not a R20K gun, it's way better!

User

I'd shoot them before buying them. You test drive a car before buying so why should guns be different?

Banned

All you biased people , reserve judgement unless you have shot both.

People who have shot either all swear by what they have shot.

NEA has 6061 T6 aluminium on its receivers. PAR has 7075 T6 aluminium. PAR wins there (the higher the Aluminium alloy number the higher the yield strength). That means that the NEA will bend first before the PAR if it was driven over by a bulldozer or bent by Herculese or thrown out a chopper at 1000 meters

For the entry level person it will boil down to which one is more affordable and whether you want a Direct Impingment(NEA) or Piston setup (PAR). (Each system has its own cheerleading crowd much like the 9mm vs 45ACP crowd)

Also remember that the NEA has a carbine length gas system which is universally accepted as being a bit harsh on the gun. It is also accepted that this can be overcome by upgrading certain parts though (or so I read). Even the 18inch barrel on the NEA is a carbine length gas system which to me does not make sense at all. piston driven platforms work well on short barrelled carbines. PAR wins there despite what people say about the problems with pistons.

I got told that the carbine length on the NEA is there to help make the rifle shoot softer but I dont buy that story line. If the NEA 18 inch barrel had a mid length gas system I would prefer the NEA for a long barrel rifle and I would pick the PAR MK3 for 10.5 inch barrel length guns. However, I dont see the 18inch length for sale here on .co.za website so that may be a useless point to make

The PAR may or may not suffer from bolt carrier tilt problems. I will find out when I get my PAR in a few months (I picked the 10.5 inch length and applied just the other day)

The PAR has an adjustable gas port system which may be of use to you. Dont know if the NEA has an adjustable system.

PAR has a cold hammer forged barrel whereas the NEA is button cut. Cold hammer forged barrels have their "stress line pounded out of them" (quote from Patrick Sweeney) and so retain their point of aim when the barrel is put under the stress of rapid shooting. That means that cold hammer foged barrels dont warp when they heat up a lot. Button cut is fine as well but it aint "cold hammer forged". PAR wins there although the NEA is polygonal rifled. dont see anything on the PAR being polygonal. But I can certainly live with a cold hammer forged barrel.

PAR is ambidextorous which is the deal clincher if you are left handed. (goddam Excuse my spelling)

Ok I have run out of things to say

Banned

PS:

6061 aluminium is about 40,000 PSI
    7075 aluminium is about 73,000 PSI between tensile strength and yield strength

the PAR with its 7075 aluminium is a much tougher little bastard than the NEA PAR is Eastern european after all

Just check wikipedia for the exact PSI numbers. Sorry I am lazy to check

User

PAR Mk3....also bought me one of them :-)

Banned

The NEA is being mini-marketed amongst gunsiters and they all seem to like it because of this. Everybody raves about it. I dont disrespect the NEA but the PAR MK3 seems to be a serious underdog contender that could give the NEA a run.

I wouldn't poo poo the PAR MK3 just yet

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast