Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default CFR. Good news for appeals, bad for new apps

Hi,

I was just at the brooklyn DFO to enquire about the status of my FA application. They Told me that at the moment most of the staff at CFR are now working at the appeals department to try clear up the backlog. This means that they have skeleton staff at new applications. some people will be happy to hear this. I'm not

Default Re: CFR. Good news for appeals, bad for new apps

Yes, and the printer's aren't working, there is a 35000000 card printing backlog, your safe must be attached to your arse, and guns kill people.

No disrespect but I simply do not believe what DFO's tell us.

AFAIK the appeals board does not form part of SAPS, but fall under the department of justice? This is third hand hearsay, so I might be wrong.

User

when i last spoke to a very kind and helpful captain at cfr (yesterday and today) she informed me that things are a slower than usual as a result of the entire building being repainted (all offices, hallways etc.). how true this is I don't know. maybe some of us must go and help out with the painting so that those guys can get back to work asap. lol

User

maybe going slow... because the staff has passed out from sucking the fumes.

"highest ever attendance rate; lowest ever present rate"

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Yes, and the printer's aren't working, there is a 35000000 card printing backlog, your safe must be attached to your arse, and guns kill people.

No disrespect but I simply do not believe what DFO's tell us.

AFAIK the appeals board does not form part of SAPS, but fall under the department of justice? This is third hand hearsay, so I might be wrong.
    I got my card Yesterday, was printed on 11 Jan 2012?

User

35mil backlog?
    I think They all get a daily newsletter called bullshit story of the day to tell everyone waiting patiently.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MAB View Post
    35mil backlog?
    I think They all get a daily newsletter called bullshit story of the day to tell everyone waiting patiently.
    I think Skaaphaas was sarcastic/cynical, the root of the humour in his comment being exactly what you said: they will tell anything to anyone, as long as it's a plausible (in their meth-cratered minds) excuse.

User

I can't get anyone to pick up the phone at the call center. Tried a few times today and just now.

User

I finally managed to grt through this afternoon to find out that my approval was done in june (no safe inspection or interviews) and printed in Aug. I went to my DFO where they printed my competancy and said that the licence was mailed to my old address. Went there and the obnoctious cow that bought my house said she'd thrown all the post away... so glad I don't ever need to deel with that irrit ever again. Will pop in at DFO in the morning to find out what next.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    I finally managed to grt through this afternoon to find out that my approval was done in june (no safe inspection or interviews) and printed in Aug. I went to my DFO where they printed my competancy and said that the licence was mailed to my old address. Went there and the obnoctious cow that bought my house said she'd thrown all the post away... so glad I don't ever need to deel with that irrit ever again. Will pop in at DFO in the morning to find out what next.
    Oh crap, good luck! Hope she doesn't get piles or anything, karma is such a bitch.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast