Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Opinions on motivating another Shotgun?

I had an attempted break in last night, cut my fence but the dogs woke me up. Robbers ran away but I spent all day fixing my fence and being generaly upset.

I was thinking that I need a Pump action for in house close defence, loaded with AAA or SSG and its a serious vermin thwarter.

I have a pistol as my SD licence, an LM5 on restricted weapon and a over/under 12br as an ocasional sport hunting weapon, add a few rifles in the collection as well.

I am a dedicated hunter, and have competancy for the different cattegories, I live on my farm far from the local SAPS.

Should I try or am I going no where with this.

User

Are you worried about overpenetration with the LM, and/or being undergunned with the pistol? On the surface you sound like a pretty well-armed dude!

Well I have a G19 which I love and it never sees the inside of the safe, it is always carried with a spare mag at all times. I have this within reach at night and on me during the day.

The LM, its a rifle and thus I have to be on my game to shoot well, 3am with alarms going and scared children crying I need something instinctive to shoot, I want to reduce my thinking to threat assesment, Is he threatening our lives, Yes = shoot , no = dont shoot yet.

The lm in a house is not ideal as one has to factor in bullets rebounding and deflecting, I have wife and 2 children in the section that I am defending so that is a considderation as well. Bleary eyed, through a bathroom window, in to a dappled sight picture I favour my accuracy with a shotgun that I shoot well instinctivly over the LM which I have to have my wits together to shoot well. I have the LM to protect my self for cash in transit situations from the bank and for backing up the SAPS when suspects are fleeing from the local town having held up the Spar again and they are coming on the district road past your farm, in that situation you are in a state of awareness have run through the drills mentaly, have the spare mags stowed and secure, have checked and rechecked your weapons status and are primed and ready, then I can shoot my LM.

User

Licence it for Bushpig hunting.
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

I see that you are a dedicated hunter. We received a CD with examples of motivations for almost each and every calibre from our hunting association.

You will defenately get lisence for both without any problem. PM me your e-mail adress and I will forward you some examples.

Thats wonderful, thats flippin great news, I am off gun shopping tomorrow, man I cant wait to go through this process again, phoning stores and then checking all the shotguns I can get my hands on, Looking for the one that just says take me home. The part I can do without is the FCA 2000 ordeal but hey those are the rules.

Any recomendations! I want reliability and good handeling.

Wismit PM sent friend.

User

E-mail sent. Just confirm. Hope it will assist you !!!

User

I will motivate the over/under for sport shooting. (clay pigeon etc.) and then the pump action for hunting pigeons or other fowl.

Thats only my suggestion. Hope you are successfull. Keep us posted !!!

User

I love my Winchester 1300, fast pump & got it at a bargain. I applied for it as a sporting license under IDPA 3 gun.

If the FCA was fair, you already wrote your motivation in this thread. Shotguns are awesome for home defense, obviously.

As far as I recall farmers are the most targeted population group. The government should be arming you!
    Last edited by gizmo16; 22-02-2010 at 07:47.

Hello Men,

Yes when they chase the farmers off who can eat, but our estemed leaders are no students of history or they would not allow this process to repeat itself.

Local shop has the following
    Winchester 1200 ;8/10 condition; R2500
    S &W 916T; 8/10 condition, R2500
    Mossberg 500A; 5/10 condition, R2000
    Franchi 530 semi auto, 8/10 condition; R45 000

What one to go for? I need a good range of acessories that are available here, eg stocks and equipment rails.

Thanks again
    Ryan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast