Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Silencer for 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by kaspaas View Post
    Every gunsmith claims his design is best...even if he hasn't properly sound tested it!
    And that is why we invested in a decibel meter.

User

Just ever so slightly off topic. Do you have to have your rifle barrel threaded at the front to fit a silencer? Are there any designs where you don't have to cut your rifle barrel to use a silencer?

User

Quote Originally Posted by rboshoff View Post
    Are there any designs where you don't have to cut your rifle barrel to use a silencer?
    Dunno about that, but for a fine example of TH's work as well as a very elegant solution to live with a threaded barrel have a look at G-force's pictures here: http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...ns-Development
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by rboshoff
    Just ever so slightly off topic. Do you have to have your rifle barrel threaded at the front to fit a silencer? Are there any designs where you don't have to cut your rifle barrel to use a silencer?
    You do get slip on silencers for air rifles but I seriously doubt that the concept will work on powderburners.

User

Quote Originally Posted by rboshoff View Post
    Almost all centre fire rifles require a threaded muzzle to mount the suppressor, you do get models that clamp onto certain muzzle brakes/flash hiders but the muzzle brake/flash hider also require thread to screw onto.

User

Hi.

Not to hijack the thread, but I would like to clarify something. I am also in the market for a suppressor for my .30-06.

In a search on this site there are a lot of comments against using aluminium as a material for building a suppressor, with steel or titanium being preferred. Now I know that although Numenor obviously does not use alu checker-plate to make their suppressors, it is still aluminium? Yet they offer an excellent guarantee on their products, and their products come highly recommended by a lot of people on this site.

What am I missing? Is the difference in the type of aluminium being used?

Not looking to upset anybody, just want to make sure that the money I spend is not wasted.

Thanks

User

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPlastic
    Hi.

Not to hijack the thread, but I would like to clarify something. I am also in the market for a suppressor for my .30-06.

In a search on this site there are a lot of comments against using aluminium as a material for building a suppressor, with steel or titanium being preferred. Now I know that although Numenor obviously does not use alu checker-plate to make their suppressors, it is still aluminium? Yet they offer an excellent guarantee on their products, and their products come highly recommended by a lot of people on this site.

What am I missing? Is the difference in the type of aluminium being used?

Not looking to upset anybody, just want to make sure that the money I spend is not wasted.

Thanks
    Material used is caliber dependent.My .338 Lapua can that they busy with is SS.

User

well, technically a slip-on for a real rifle would work....... once
    then it's time to play "go fetch".

User

Ah yes...run Forest run!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2