Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Czech Sa vz. 58 Sporter TACTICAL .223 Rem (5.56 x 45 mm)

http://hbasa.co.za/csa

What you guys think? Interesting rifle? Who has practical experience with them?

HBASA can you give a rough price?

Default Re: Czech Sa vz. 58 Sporter TACTICAL .223 Rem (5.56 x 45 mm)

We have ordered a couple of demo rifles, prices will be extremely competitive.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Quote Originally Posted by paddy809 View Post
    http://hbasa.co.za/csa

What you guys think? Interesting rifle? Who has practical experience with them?

HBASA can you give a rough price?

There are reviews on them but we wil conduct our own research and testing when the demo rifles arrive once the Czech authorities regard us as worthy of being issued with an export permit. Hopefully we will have the rifles by the end of Feb.

Guestimate prices due to the lack of exact shipping costs are currently at R14k for the Tactical and about R13k for the Carbine and Compact.

Mags will be very affordable at around R230 per mag.
    Last edited by DS; 06-02-2012 at 21:12.

User

Not bad, I want an NEA, but thats far away for the moment so looking at other semi's. Big T suggested these the other day after talking about Saiga's.

The reviews all seem good, but they are USA-centric so doesnt answer many RSA based questions.

User

I am gonna need one of those if they bring them into the U.S.

User

I would also love one. I see it will also take the AR's mags if it is fitted with that mag-thingie.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bosman View Post
    I would also love one. I see it will also take the AR's mags if it is fitted with that mag-thingie.
    I saw that too. And I have a huge pile of AR mags. How convenient.

User

Dave at NEA has several VZ58 rifles (not sure what brand) and one I seem to recall with around 100k round count. He reported on the VZ58 being a very reliable rifle.

What is interesting to me is the fact that they weigh similar to what an AR weighs, lock back/open on an empty mag, have affordable mags, option of an adapter for use of AR mags which are features that distinguish them and imo give them some advantages over the LM/AK/Galil type rifles.

CSA also gives a very good factory warranty.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

I have previously opined that I just plain don't like the VZ58. Maybe having one in otherwise new condition jam up solid on me in the middle of a firefight has something to do with that.

Nonetheless I am happy to be proven wrong with these guns and will be right at the head of the queue to test them.

I similarly told Roger I wasn't interested in the Grand Powers last year, and have had to eat my words as far as they are concerned, so I can be taught new tricks ;-{>}
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

I have practical experience with the system.

I love it, mine was dependable, comfortable, accurate not much more you could ask from a system.
    A joy to shoot, easy and simple to operate and with the ones from Khumba/ HBA you get the "upgrade" model

I used mine in a psd role in Afghanistan so lots of rough handling, dust, bumps, dust, crappy ammo, dust, cold (fricking cold!), heat (boiling bloody hot)...did I mention dust?

In terms of wrking with HBA, well its Khumba, we have all known him for a long time, a man of his word who will back his products 100000000000% and break his left nut to give you good service, Frank is a good bloke as well...
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast