Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Recoil Reducers

Banned

Default Re: Recoil Reducers

Quote Originally Posted by King David83 View Post
    I used one for my .338wm and I think it made it worse. So now I am going to fit a muzzel break to it. Hopefully that works.
    hee heee heeeeeeeeeee good luck to you.Tell you what you do. Go to the range get a big tough mate to stand behind you WITH earmuff's on. You say bang and he bitch slaps you a kak skoot on the side f the head with a army boot.You then stand up say thank you and pay him half of what you would have paid for the M/Brake. walk away and then turn around and give him the ather half (thats for the P*** klap any of your mates would have given you if you shot withen ten foot of them - God forbidd off the back of a bakkie). LISTEN while your hearing is still functional.

User

A mate of mine is organizing a recoil reducer from Germany for my .338 and will see what happens.

@treeman I can't a big tough mate to stand behinde me cause I am the biggest toughest of all my mates at 6 ft 4 and a hundred and plenty kilos.

Banned

Just got home after a couple of pints with a few mates and your mail was a good laugh end to nite. Thanx bro --- look under my posts and read my post on silencer - recoil brake ..............................
    Quote Originally Posted by King David83 View Post
    A mate of mine is organizing a recoil reducer from Germany for my .338 and will see what happens.

@treeman I can't a big tough mate to stand behinde me cause I am the biggest toughest of all my mates at 6 ft 4 and a hundred and plenty kilos.

User

Have a look at the Edwards THE MAX recoil reducer, no mercury! Am using one on my .300WM and it does make a difference.
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...RECOIL-REDUCER

Hi Folks,
    I am new to this site, so Hello.
    I have fitted the max in my .458Lott and also several .375's. including my own. you need to make sure the hole you bore in the butt is parallel to the bore, and also the hole you make is straight or else it will squeeze the side of the reducer and it won't function. They do work, but you need to run them in. It will also add weight to the butt. I shortened my .458 Lott to 21" barrel and with the reduer in the butt its made it a very nicley balanced gun. The reducer takes the edge of the recoil and makes recovery for follow up shots more managable. I am pushing a 450gr Barns X @ 2372fps. I have had a few ladies shoot it......so I suppose I've built myself a girls gun....... any way I like it ...and its still called Thumper!
    Cheers,
    Paul.

399771_2400596535064_1256971327_n.jpg.IMG_7028.jpg
    IMG_8160.jpg

User

I presume recoil reducers is fit on .400 rifle calibers and on-wards? Do people fit these devices on .375H&H Magnums since the recoil is very mild to light??

Banned

GERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u showing off now. Van ons is maar net Engels manne ne'

Yes, I have fitted a number of these in stocks for .375's for PH's in South Africa and Namibia.
    600px_IMG_6688_1.jpg106_(2)_185.JPG
    The same stock showing reducer in the butt and also "in the field" .375 Mauser.

User

Does anyone know what the postage from Brownells to SA is?
    My email is so far unanswered by them.
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    Does anyone know what the postage from Brownells to SA is?
    My email is so far unanswered by them.
    If you order one use the drop down menue and choose Parcel post priority internation. it is the cheapest option. other wise it will default to UPS Global Express , which is a fortune. Its won't give a price when you first make your purchase, but you will get an email with the shipping cost. If its too expensive the you can always cancel your order. If you do want a quote then It would be easier to phone them. I find they are a bit slow with emails.
    They do a drilling jig which is spot on for doing a straight bore, but it may be a bit pricey if you are just doing a one off.
    Cheers,
    Paul

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast