Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SAKO Finbear .223rem

Hi all.

I got as a present a Sako .223rem Finbear, that has prob not seen more then one box of ammo through it that honestly is as clean as a brand new rifle,if one out it on the shelf of a gun shop, you could sell it as brand spanking new, no nicks, dings or otherwise to the rifle, it is as mint as a rifle can get, i cleaned it and removed the barrel from the stock and stripped the bolt etc. etc. and believe me it is better then new with not even i slight ding tot he stock, was really looked after.

My question is what is you guys opinion on this rifle? the caliber and model, i own a SAKO TRG and know that they do rock as far as i am concerned. But my friend is trying to convince me to keep the rifle, those of you who know me will know that i love all things tactical, so im into synthetic stocks and free floating bull barrels with adjustable cheek rests and so on and so forth, what do you guys estimate to be a realistic value of the rifle to someone that would want it? I know that it would be a mint new.

So yes, basically convince me to keep or sell the rifle, as i can not make up my mind for sure, it is not my tastes, but it is so pretty and well looked after that if someone was to like this type of rifle/ caliber they would be blessed to own this rifle, so im conflicted, help me make up my mind... confused0083

Default Re: SAKO Finbear .223rem

U seem to love it, so maybe keep it, but looking at ur themes, it might necessitate a new one. That can be a plus or a minus happy0065

Andy...

The 223 is an outstanding 22 callibre - maybe the best. My Musgrave is unbeatable up to 180m. The cartridge is also very reloader-friendly.

Hein M.

So yes, basically convince me to keep or sell the rifle, as i can not make up my mind for sure, it is not my tastes, but it is so pretty and well looked after that if someone was to like this type of rifle/ caliber they would be blessed to own this rifle, so im conflicted, help me make up my mind...

Go and shoot with the rifle. Spend time with it. If you can't "bond" with the rifle... Well than you know ;D

And trust me. Thats the only way.

and if you do not bond with it....I will gladly accept a early birthday present... grn1

User

If i may ask, Which r the better "Make & Model" .223

Sounds like Howa 1500 is the way to go?

Ash

User

DEpends on how much $$$$$ you want to spend

User

Depends

Whats a ballpark figure?

Ballpark for a Howa 1500 Varminter? Phone Camdix, I think they have one, I am not sure though

User

I own a SAKO FinBear Deluxe Model in 7mm RM and is very happy with it. The .223 is the same as the 5.56 NATO and if you own a tactical rifle in this cal. what a pleasure happy0065. This is a nice rifle for vermin ts and small game over distance should the opportunity arise. Sako is known for its accuracy and reliability, to get this as a gift and not paying $$$ to have some fun cfd89

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast