Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Rumour Monger on the loose iro NEA rifles?

It has come to our attention that there is a rumour monger spreading outright lies about the NEA rifles

2 People/potential customers have come forward and asked one of our dealers about the "feeding problem" that they have been informed of, iro the NEA rifles, by a person who they do not want to name for fear of causing sh!t (apparently)...

So I will put it bluntly to the rumour monger - whoever you are - you are a liar!

I challenge you to be a man and come forward and provide details of the so called NEA rifle related feeding problems you are telling lies about to people.

Until Friday last week there were only 2 NEA rifles being shot and used in SA - they are our demo guns and they have been made available freely to dealers for demo purposes and anyone can check with those dealers if they experienced any "feeding" issues. All of the dealers who have been involved in the demo shoots have ordered NEA rifles.

We have had about 11 demos with the 2 rifles since they arrived in December 2011.

The 10.5" rifle has a round count of plus minus 3100 and the 14.5" rifle has a round count of plus minus 4000 rounds. Plus minus = give or take 10 or 20.

The 10.5" rifle was cleaned at 1000 rounds for a check-up because I was curious to see what the receiver and bolt carrier group looked like after 1000 rounds and to do some checking on fittings etc. No carbon or gas debris has been cleaned out of the working parts of the 10.5" for the last 2100 rounds.

The 14.5" rifle has not been cleaned iro the bolt carrier group, upper and lower receiver and locking lugs on the barrel extension for 4000 rounds. I only wiped down only the bolt carrier group twice with a cloth (I did not clean the upper or lower receiver at all) because it was dirty on the two occasions that I wanted to handle it to check how the gas key and the rest was holding up. Craig cleaned out the barrel (on both rifles) at around 2000 round count. No carbon or gas debris has been cleaned out of the working parts or receivers of the 14.5" for 4000 rounds.

I requested the dealers running the demos to only use factory ammo because I did not want to take any chances on loosing a demo rifle but one of the dealers in fact used Nobelteq used brass reloads which he deemed to be factory ammo. There were zero issues.

Since Friday when the first batch of rifles arrived for dealers I have shot one 14.5" rifle out of the batch which is in stock with a dealer, with the people from the dealer. The rifle fired about 100 rounds and it worked 100% in all areas.

Paul, who has ordered several rifles from us, has tried his stock demo rifles and that includes a 7.5" rifle and he has had zero rifle issues - I checked with him personally.

I can categorically say that we are not experiencing any "feeding problems" with the NEA rifles and to contrary they have been consuming everything that they have been fed. I fired several different brands and types including Barnaul steel cased lacquered ammo when I did the chrony tests (which I reported about on Gunsite) and other tests. Nobelteq used brass reloads have been used. Diplopoint ammo have been used. MilSurp 5,56 have been used in very hot rifles, etc etc.

I guess the Rumour Monger can only base his rumour on the 2 demo rifles and I can only guess as to what purpose he might be wanting to spreading a rumour like this....

So Rumour Monger - put up or shut up!
    Last edited by DS; 22-02-2012 at 13:07.

User

Default Re: Rumour Monger on the loose iro NEA rifles?

The gauntlet.
    Thrown.
    Down.

I heard....
    someone told me....
    I can't tell you who it is though
    I hate that !

User

Khumba
    Can you confirm if AR-10's will be part of the stable later this year? Only rumour I've heard about NEA so far

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Khumba
    Can you confirm if AR-10's will be part of the stable later this year? Only rumour I've heard about NEA so far

I am sure FrankH will have more details about that "rumour" after IWA.

Also a 338LM on AR platform........

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post

I am sure Frank will have more details about that "rumour" after IWA.

Also a 338LM on AR platform........
    Su-wheeet!!

User

Sounds like someone has an agenda afoot. I wonder what they are selling?

When I shot both demos and saw both run they ran like raped apes.

They impressed me enough that I would and probably will buy one with my own money. And I'm a difficult bastard when it comes to what I would and wouldn't buy.

User

Thanks to Paul, i shot some Zombies and had not 1 issue. In fact not one person had an issue with the rifle that day.

User

A raped ape .... Thanks for that one Big T !!

Funny how no one has the guts to come forward.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast