Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Rumour Monger on the loose iro NEA rifles?

Quote Originally Posted by Trabuco View Post
    greetings from Costa Rica....we have 25 rifles out on the street with a good round count........ZERO problems...
    Obviously even on active duty, this 'feeding problem' does not exist. This settles it for me then. Shame on you Mr. Rumor Spreader.

Who is he?
    I want to know.
    MOLON LABE

With only the two demo's out there surely one would not have to look too far?

User

Welcome to the world of firearms manufacturing.

We've pissed off a lot of people in the last year for several reasons. 1- we're able to get our product into countries that others cant, and 2- we're not raping our customers. We've dropped the bottom out of a lot of markets where people have been living large gouging their customers. We don't do that. Our prices are based off what it costs, not what we think you'll pay.

We've used a lot of new processes, strayed from the 'norm' on materials, and built a rifle the way we wanted to build it.. not how someone else builds it. We manufacture about 100 products for over a dozen weapons systems. We have clients that range from sport shooters, SWAT teams, and special forces units... and we've only been doing this for a couple of years. To say that we're making a lot of people nervous is an understatement.

The SA market is worlds better than our own in terms of rumors, back stabbing etc. The fact that someone hasn't started rumors here yet has been a bit of a mystery. The way we look at it is that if no one is slagging you then you aren't on their radar. There are manufacturers and dealers all over that are seeing us break into their territories and new markets and it scares them. So rather than working harder to provide a better product, they try and slag ours with misinformation and lies. It doesn't bother us too much.. it means we're on the right track. The bottom line is that we're making as many guns as we possibly can, our dealers all over the world are selling as many as they have. The trash talk is not affecting us, nor our product.

My personal NEA-15 has about 9000rnds through it. I have fired every form of 5.56mm and .223 I have got my hands on.. lots of it. It has never been cleaned, and never had a malfunction that was not ammo related.

That being said, I have seen 2 issues related to feeding.. ever. One instance was with our first 4 rifles. They had extended feed ramps and when firing one manufacturers ammo (MFS Steel jacket, hollow point), the sharp hollow points would dig on the ramp occasionally. So after rifle #4 we redesigned the rifle and went to full M4 feedramps. Issue solved. The other problem was with a test rifle that had its gas port hand drilled with a worn bit leading to slightly under pressure cycling. When firing frangible ammo it hung up a few times. Frang is notoriously shitty. We didn't change anything other than put a proper barrel on the test rifle.

We have made several hundred rifles in several configurations. We've not seen any feeding problems. Too often today with the anonymity of the internet it is too easy for those with ulterior motives to try and work their own private agendas from behind their keyboards. Anyone willing to step up and be seen, should feel free to ask anything they want, or state what they feel and we'll address it in person as well. Too many cowards these days though.

"Trespassers will be welcomed, and served a light lunch"

User

Thanks NEA - good post and it gives some perspective.

User

the only rumour i've heard that the rifle leads to a permanent hard-on.
    any truth to that?

I love it when people in the know say, in public, 'Prove your accusations or shut the Hell up'.

I have stated before here that I have a few reservations about NEA simply because they are a new player in this market. But have also stated that firms that make aerospace components tend to have their shid together. Being in the states half of each year, I have never seen or held an NEA product, but I know how rare it is for a company to direcly communicate with customers in a constructive manner. (and believe me, I have seen more than one manufacturer step on their weenie because their ego wrote a check their azz could not cash)

I sincerely hope the best for NEA. They will stand or fall on their own products and how well they work and last...and 9000rd without a cleaning is a good start. Those who would try and spread malicious rumors to enhance their own bank accounts, well...I wish them much smaller bank accounts!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

So I heard today that chickenshit is at it again or still at it -

I now have a location = "people at Golden City Shooting Club" saying that the rifles (plural) get cases stuck in the chamber and the detail is such that it is said the rifles cannot shoot Russian Steel cased ammo.

That is pure bullshit - I have shot a lot of Barnaul in the NEA demo guns as well as Nobleteq, Mil Surpl, S&B, DNL.

I invite:

1) anyone out there to buy Barnaul Steel cased lacquered ammo and come shoot it in one of our demo NEA guns - we in fact have the ammo to sell to make it easier.

2) the rumour monger to appear out of the mist and give me the info iro which NEA rifles cannot shoot steel cased ammo. I wonder why the mystical owner of the NEA would continue to struggle with his rifle and not complain about it ??

We had one rifle out of all we imported that had a tight chamber - which by the way is not a flaw as some would believe apparently -which we duly reamed the same day it came to my attention with a Ned Christiansen reamer and has been confirmed to run without any issues (btw read below what Ned says about AR chambers)

Neck and Throat 5.56 Reamer

A common problem when firing 5.56 mil-spec ammo in an AR15 with a SAAMI-spec .223 chamber, is that once in a while a spent primer will fall out of a case as it is extracted. Sometimes the primers fall clear and there's no problem, other times they will go under the trigger and get wedged, rendering the rifle inoperable. I've seen some extreme cases of this where the hammer and trigger were actually hard to get out. I've seen them get wedged between the charging handle and the inside of the receiver, with the bolt out of battery, so that the gun had to have the stock removed so the bolt could be removed to clear the primer. It is not unknown for the primer anvil get stuck on the tubular portion of the carrier key! Popped primers are due in part to the tighter, shorter freebore and shorter, more abrupt throat of the .223 chamber, causing a pressure spike with the hotter, mil- spec ammo. This reamer will address these areas as well as making sure the neck diameter is not too tight or short, without changing headspace. It does not cut the shoulder or anything behind it; it stops off on the shoulder. Of course, whatever rifle you're shooting, you could just look at what's stamped on the barrel-- it might say .223, or it might say 5.56, or it might say nothing. You could call the manufacturer and ask them what chamber you have, but even if you get to talk to somebody who understands the question, they likely don't really know. They may tell you what you want to hear, but truth is, not many AR15 manufacturers make their own barrels. They buy them from someone else, so they don't really, truly know what chamber you have. Some of them will flat decline to discuss it with you.
    This reamer is designed as an easy, quick and sure way to know. You just open the upper receiver, remove the bolt group, drop in the reamer with some oil, and slowly turn it in (clockwise only, never reversing it), using a lot of turns and very little pressure. The handle centers itself in the upper receiver. When the reamer bottoms out on the chamber's shoulder it will spin freely-- it has stopped cutting and you are done. When you have done this, you know for sure you have a chamber with proper 5.56-plus dimensions in the critical freebore and throat area. Primer popping due to pressure spikes in a short leade will cease, but be advised there can be other factors in popped primers such as hot ammo, hot chambers, and improperly loaded ammo. The new version ($240, shown above) has a redesigned handle that is custom machined from aluminum barstock, so it is quite a bit lighter (handle and reamer weigh less than the original handle alone). It is also shorter to take up less room in your toolbox, and, most importantly, it functions as a storage case for your reamer. When you are finished reaming, simply remove the reamer, reverse it, and insert it into the handle-- your expensive tool is now very well protected and not taking up extra room in your toolbox. There is also a slot in the handle to accept the Allen wrench you need to turn the set screw that retains the reamer. The Allen wrench is retained in the handle so everything you need is right there.
    What about chromed-lined chambers? The good news is that in my experience, Colt AR15 chromed barrels have a proper 5.56 chamber. I would consider most others to be suspect. The reamer has been subjected to a secondary heat-treating process, titanium carbo-nitride, which makes it capable of correcting under-spec chromed chambers. Obviously it will do fewer of them, but I have yet to hear of one of my reamers geting dull-- and my personal one has done at least a few dozen chromed chambers. Will removing the chrome be a problem? No. Plenty of AR's don't have chromed bores and chamber and they work fine. I've sectioned some chromed barrels and the chrome doesn't last that long in the throat area anyway. Removing chrome in the chamber won't cause the area to peel like bumper chrome.

Ive got stacks and a few flavours through mine and not a single FTE, FTE or anything. The spent cases dont even have a dent in them.
    MOLON LABE

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast