Note to Moderator: Please remove if this has been posted already!

I have just read the government gazzette regarding the ammendments to the FA Act taken off the SAGA website.

http://www.saga.org.za/1-35047 17-2 Prok01.pdf

I see that most of the ammnendments are for public/private collectors, profesional hunters or muzzle loading firearms. The ammendments come into effect of the 1 March 2012

This is my very brief summary of the ammendments that would apply to the general sport shooter:

- Changes to the competency application form and firearm application form to have 'HAND MACHINE CARBINE' as an option to select! ie. when you apply for comptency certificate or a FA application you will have 3 options - HANDGUN, RIFLE, SHOTGUN,HAND MACHINE CARBINE. (previously not an option of the form)

- They have also added another section on the SAPS 518 form 'Section 21 Temporary permit' to select exactly what you require the Section 21 for. ie. Self defence, sport shooting, import, export etc (previously you merely had a few lines to write in what you needed it for!)

- sECTION 20's (not really relevant to sport shooter. Relevant to licences for business purposes, training etc ) - licence validity has been changed from 2 to 5 years.

Please feel free to add anything more that is relevant to the FA Acts ammendments!