Thread: Hunting Photos

Default Re: Hunting Photos

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalDave
    Quote Originally Posted by makeminea10mm
    What is a dagga boy?
    "...they look at you as if you owe them money"
    Robert Ruark.

;D
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Guy I know in Texas sent me this pic of a 290lb boar he killed Saturday night with one round of 5.56 M855 62gr FMJ (current US military issue) from a 16in barreled AR through the shoulder at around 65 or so yards. What was left of the bullet (at that range it will still frag some from a 16in barrel) exited the off side through the lung. Pig never moved out of his tracks. FYI these things are absolute pests and may be hunted 24/7/365 in almost any way you want...in fact Texas has a bill in the legislature right now to allow them to be hunted from helicopters.

The guy in the pic is about 6ft / 220lb for scale.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Quote Originally Posted by ikor
    Guy I know in Texas sent me this pic of a 290lb boar he killed Saturday night with one round of 5.56 M855 62gr FMJ (current US military issue) from a 16in barreled AR through the shoulder at around 65 or so yards. What was left of the bullet (at that range it will still frag some from a 16in barrel) exited the off side through the lung. Pig never moved out of his tracks. FYI these things are absolute pests and may be hunted 24/7/365 in almost any way you want...in fact Texas has a bill in the legislature right now to allow them to be hunted from helicopters.

Looks like ground hog day ;D
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ikor
    Guy I know in Texas sent me this pic of a 290lb boar he killed Saturday night
    Damn! You made my day ikor. Hog huntin' pictures!!! Yeee-hawww (no red-neck, hillbilly icon... Frank!)! And man, your state side hogs look much like our feral pigs! Here's a mixed bag all shot within an hour after sunset with a Ruger M77 .270 at various distances in a cut wheat field in the Western Cape. Feral pigs are THICK in the WCP and cause major damage to crops (not as bad as in the US and Oz) so the "shoot on sight" policy is adhered to:

The ones with the patchwork coloration (aka: kolbroeke) are recently feral (1st or 2nd generation wild). After another generation or three the true wild boar gene kicks-in and they change morphologically and behaviourally and their true parents (i.e. European wild boar) as per Astrix and Obelix comics comes to the fore. Great huntin' and great eatin'! This is the biggest one I've taken to date and as you can see, it looks more "wild boarish". Also with the same Ruger from a blind at 80m:

I can't remember how much the pig weighed, but I'm 90kg / 1.85m and hung like a Tic-Tac!

YheeeeeeeHaw! Even though I don't hunt any more I do like that pork ;D and would kill a pig tearing up my yard in a heartbeat!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Nice piece of bacon there!!!! Wish I knew where have all the good pigs have gone in the FS, shot a couple of warthogs but nothing really big yet this year.

Piet I think I still have a black and white photo of myself with a chicken or two and an air rifle. Gotta pay your dues before you can step up to the bigger ones ne ;D. Some of the best times in my life was spent with a .22/air rifle in the veld "hunting" rabbit and fisant.

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Quote Originally Posted by deonh
    ...but I'm 90kg...
    hpy194

happy0065
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

User

My son with his 7 7/8 inch trophy Mt Reedbuck. The little shit was 10 and it was his second buck ever! He has now shot 12 animals - 2 are RW and we only hunt biltong - we do not go for trophy! How lucky can one oke be?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dave schenck
    My son with his 7 7/8 inch trophy Mt Reedbuck. The little shit was 10 and it was his second buck ever! He has now shot 12 animals - 2 are RW and we only hunt biltong - we do not go for trophy! How lucky can one oke be?
    Awesome Dave! Absolutely awesome! Can it get any better? Hunting with your son! Hats off to you.

hpy180

Quote Originally Posted by deonh
    Quote Originally Posted by dave schenck
    Awesome Dave! Absolutely awesome! Can it get any better? Hunting with your son! Hats off to you.

hpy180

+1

lv29 lv29 lv29 lv29

Page 4 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast