Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69
    User

Default Re: STICKY: Motivation Letter Ideas and Examples.

My 2c. Assuming DSS, the need is defined by the discipline/division you wish to compete in. The gun you want is confirmed as appropriate by the endorsement of your association. That's the meat 'n potatoes of it IMO.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    My 2c. Assuming DSS, the need is defined by the discipline/division you wish to compete in. The gun you want is confirmed as appropriate by the endorsement of your association. That's the meat 'n potatoes of it IMO.
    as I read it, it is only S13 that requires you to prove a need for a firearm. But I guess a “need” can be said to be implied for S16. So I think I’ll provide the evidence required in S16, plus the endorsements, and then I’ll waffle a bit about the calibre, species to be hunted, divisions for sport shooting, etc.

Still would like to hear from anyone who had success by just supplying what’s set out in S16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

SAPS has the whip hand re the administration. I couldn't be bothered to try to get them to stick to the letter of the law given their less than stellar track record in that respect. 10 extra pages of schmaltz is small potatoes in the grand scheme

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pravech View Post
    as I read it, it is only S13 that requires you to prove a need for a firearm. But I guess a “need” can be said to be implied for S16. So I think I’ll provide the evidence required in S16, plus the endorsements, and then I’ll waffle a bit about the calibre, species to be hunted, divisions for sport shooting, etc.

Still would like to hear from anyone who had success by just supplying what’s set out in S16.
    I think the court ruling was posted somewhere here on GS, just can't find it right now. It basically said that S16 does not require a motivation.

I do motivate mine, in addition to proof of membership, dedicated certificate and official endorsement.

Choose either dedicated hunting OR dedicated sports, not both. They tend to get confused if you motivate both.

I also say that I will use the FA for other legal purposes as provided for in Sec 16(3).

User

Good to hear. When was the court ruling?

Good to hear. When was the court ruling?

Boiled down to that S16 of the Act does not make provision for a motivation.

Now, you can stick your guns and try it. I know of a few successful applications that way. Or it gets refused. And you have to appeal. Which might get refused. And then you take it on review to the high court. It’s your time and money, and ultimately your choice.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Below is apparently from chatGp- an online robot kinda thing from what I understand.

Competency Certificate Motivation

User
    Write a motivation for a competency certificate south africa

ChatGPT
    Subject: Motivation for Competency Certificate Application

Dear [Recipient's Name],

I am writing to express my keen interest in obtaining a Competency Certificate in [specify the relevant field or industry] in South Africa. Having thoroughly researched the requirements and benefits associated with this esteemed certification, I am confident that it will not only enhance my professional profile but also enable me to contribute meaningfully to the growth and development of the industry.

Here are the key factors motivating my application:

Professional Advancement: Acquiring a Competency Certificate will serve as a testament to my expertise and proficiency in my chosen field. It will demonstrate to employers, colleagues, and clients that I possess the necessary knowledge, skills, and qualifications to excel in my role. This recognition will undoubtedly open doors to new opportunities, career progression, and increased earning potential.

Industry Standards Compliance: The Competency Certificate is widely recognized as a benchmark for ensuring high professional standards within the industry. By obtaining this certification, I aim to demonstrate my commitment to maintaining and upholding the highest ethical and professional standards. This will not only enhance my credibility but also contribute to the overall reputation and integrity of the industry.

Continuous Learning and Growth: The process of obtaining a Competency Certificate involves rigorous training, assessment, and evaluation. By engaging in this comprehensive learning experience, I will have the opportunity to deepen my knowledge, acquire new skills, and stay abreast of the latest industry trends and best practices. This commitment to continuous professional development will enable me to remain competitive and relevant in a rapidly evolving industry landscape.

Increased Opportunities and Marketability: In today's competitive job market, possessing a Competency Certificate will significantly enhance my employability and marketability. Employers often prioritize candidates who demonstrate a commitment to professional growth and possess industry-recognized certifications. This certification will set me apart from other candidates, increasing my chances of securing desirable positions and projects.

Industry Contribution and Impact: By obtaining a Competency Certificate, I aspire to make a positive impact on the industry as a whole. The knowledge and skills I gain through the certification process will enable me to make valuable contributions, whether by providing expert guidance, mentoring aspiring professionals, or actively participating in industry forums and initiatives. I believe that by investing in my own development, I can also contribute to the advancement and success of the industry as a whole.

In conclusion, I am highly motivated to pursue a Competency Certificate in [specify the field]. I am confident that this certification will not only enhance my professional standing but also empower me to drive positive change within the industry. I am fully committed to dedicating the time, effort, and resources required to successfully complete the certification process.

Thank you for considering my application. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further or provide any additional information if required. I look forward to the possibility of embarking on this transformative journey and achieving my professional aspirations.

Yours sincerely,

[Your Name]
    [Your Contact Information]

User
    Motivation for gun Competency Certificate Application

ChatGPT
    Subject: Motivation for Gun Competency Certificate Application

Dear [Recipient's Name],

I am writing to express my strong interest in obtaining a Gun Competency Certificate in South Africa. As a responsible and law-abiding citizen, I firmly believe that obtaining this certification will not only ensure my safety and the safety of those around me but also promote responsible firearm ownership and contribute to a more secure society.

Here are the key factors motivating my application:

Safety and Security: I understand that owning a firearm comes with great responsibility. By obtaining a Gun Competency Certificate, I will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to handle firearms safely and effectively. This certification will equip me with a comprehensive understanding of firearm safety rules, proper handling techniques, and responsible storage practices. I am committed to prioritizing safety in all aspects of firearm ownership, minimizing the risk of accidents and misuse.

Compliance with Legal Requirements: In South Africa, owning and using firearms is regulated by strict laws and regulations. By obtaining a Gun Competency Certificate, I will demonstrate my commitment to complying with these legal requirements. I believe it is crucial to operate within the boundaries of the law, ensuring that my actions align with the prescribed protocols for firearm ownership, acquisition, and usage.

Skill Development and Proficiency: Pursuing a Gun Competency Certificate will provide me with extensive training opportunities to develop and refine my firearm handling skills. Through specialized courses and practical assessments, I will learn essential marksmanship techniques, self-defense strategies, and conflict resolution approaches. This certification will enable me to become a proficient and responsible firearm owner, capable of effectively handling firearms in a controlled and lawful manner.

Increased Personal Protection: In a world where personal safety is a growing concern, having the knowledge and skills to protect oneself and loved ones is paramount. By obtaining a Gun Competency Certificate, I seek to empower myself with the necessary tools and capabilities to respond appropriately and responsibly in potentially dangerous situations. I understand that self-defense should always be a last resort, and this certification will equip me to make informed decisions in high-pressure scenarios.

Support to Law Enforcement: As a responsible firearm owner, I believe it is crucial to support the efforts of law enforcement agencies in ensuring public safety. By obtaining a Gun Competency Certificate, I will become part of a responsible and accountable community of firearm owners who actively contribute to the prevention of crime. I am committed to cooperating with law enforcement authorities, reporting any suspicious activities, and promoting a culture of responsible firearm ownership.

In conclusion, I am highly motivated to pursue a Gun Competency Certificate in South Africa. I firmly believe that responsible firearm ownership, supported by proper training and certification, plays a vital role in maintaining the safety and security of our society. I am committed to upholding the highest standards of firearm safety, legality, and proficiency.

Thank you for considering my application. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further or provide any additional information if required. I look forward to the possibility of obtaining a Gun Competency Certificate and contributing to a safer community.

Yours sincerely,

[Your Name]
    [Your Contact Information]

S15 requires (well according to my DFO anyway) a need in the form of proof of membership of a club and participation in sport shooting or hunting activities.

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69