Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: STICKY: Motivation Letter Ideas and Examples.

Hi Guys

Would you guys/ladies please advise me if this Motivation for firearm Section 13 is okay?

Thanks in advance

User

Hi all

Competency Handed in : 18/12
    Competency Receiving attention : 18/12
    Competency Approved :
    Competency Collected :
    License Application Handed in :
    License Application Receiving Attention :
    License Application Approved :
    License Collected :

User

Hi all

Could you guys and ladies, please supply me with feedback on this Motivation Letter for Sec 13.

I have done it myself and just need someone with experience to review and tell me if it is good enough.

MOTIVATION: LICENCE APPLICATION FOR A NEW FIREARM
    CZ 83 Cal.9 Browning Pistol (SN *****)

Purpose: Self-Protection

Personal Details
    Surname : ******
    First Name (s) : **** ****
    Home Address : *** ******* ***** ******
    : ******* *****
    : Pretoria
    : 0182
    Date of Birth : ****-**-**
    Identity Number : ****** **** ** *
    Nationality : RSA
    Marital Status : Married
    Dependants : Two (2)
    Criminal Record : None
    Contact Number (Cell) : *** *** ****
    Contact Number (Spouse) : *** *** ****
    Contact Number (Work) : *** *** ****

General Information

• I am not inclined to violence
    • I do not have any criminal record against name
    • I have no cases against me
    • I was never found incompetent to own any firearm
    • I have a clear and stable mind-set
    • I have never been declare unfit to operate or handle or use a firearm
    • I have never pointed any firearm towards any persons
    • I have never operated or handled any type of firearm whilst under the influence
    • By occasion I enjoy an alcoholic beverage when and where it is safe to do so

Proficiency Training
    I have completed my Proficiency Training with The Edge Shooting a P.F.T.C / SASSETA and SAPS accredited training provider where I qualified in Use of a Handgun standards. (Certificate Number: 033/2018)

Competency
    I was declared competent to legally own handguns and was issued with a Police Competency Certificate, Certificate Number: **********.
    Handgun Training
    I have successfully completed my competency training as required by law and have very good knowledge and skills about the following aspects:
    a) Firearm handling
    b) Firearm safety
    c) Firearm and ammunition control
    d) Safekeeping and control of firearms
    e) Shooting activities
    f) Responsibilities of firearm ownership.

In the future, I plan on joining a Shooting Club to further my Firearm Skills in a safe manner.

Handguns Legally Owned
    At the time of this application, I have not owned any type of firearm and for this reason I apply for the above mentioned Handgun.

Current Status of above mentioned Firearm (Haal uit as nie nodig nie)
    The firearm is currently owned by my Father and in safe lock up. My father is the previous license holder of the firearm. Due to health reasons the past few years, my father was not able to renew the license. A doctor’s letter is available on request which state the situation of my father which is in Hospital at the time of this application.

I would like to request that I be issued a License to possess a firearm so that I can be the legal holder of the firearm.

Why the CZ 83 Cal.9 Browning?

• Large capacity double-column magazine
    • Ergonomically shape allowing shooting to be carried out by left or right hand
    • Comfortable grip and balance which helps with accuracy
    • Good results at instinctive shooting (without aiming)
    • Low trigger pull weight
    • Selective SA/DA firing mechanism operation
    • High accuracy of fire
    • Long service life
    • High reliability, even with various types of cartridges
    • The slide stays open after the last cartridge has been fired
    • The sights are outfitted with a three-dots illuminating system for better aiming in

Inadequate visibility conditions

• Cleaning the Firearm is straight forward and easy
    • .380 ACP Cartridge is stocked by most local Gun Shops
    • The CZ 83 is easily concealable inside an Inside Waist Band Holster or even an Outside Waist Band Holster
    • The CZ 83 consist of an ambidextrous Safety mechanism which blocks the trigger mechanism and slide
    • The design of this handgun incorporates the feature that the manual safety
    • Safety can’t be applied when the hammer is not cocked to avoid reducing the readiness of the pistol for use by accidental engaging of the manual safety

Why other means of Self-Protection will not be efficient enough?

• Requires close up encounters with intruder or attacker to be accurate and effective
    • When intruder or attacker is using lethal force, which in the case of the newspapers is clearly their preference, the Stun-Gun or Taser weapons would be insufficient.
    • They are not completely reliable.
    • Range is limited (15 or 25 feet depending on the cartridge used)
    • Both darts must hit flesh. Since the darts diverge at a 15 degree angle, it’s easy for one to miss
    • Expensive to replace cartridges
    • 1 shot (occasionally 2 depending on variant).
    • You have no follow-up if you miss, hit heavy clothing, he's out of range, or he just 'wipes it off' (hard to do but possible.)
    • Reloading is slow
    • Difficult to conceal larger Tasers which is more efficient
    • Cannot engage multiple assailants
    • Very limited to ammo and accuracy

Need for a Firearm for Self-protection: Section 13(2) (a)
    Section 13(2) (a) and Section 13(2) (b) of the FCA (Act 60 of 2000 as amended) states the following:
    (2) The Registrar may issue a licence under this section to any natural person who-
    (a) Needs a firearm for self-defence; and
    (b) Cannot reasonably satisfy that need by means other than the possession of a firearm.
    Reason for the need of a Firearm:

• My responsibility to safeguard my life and that of my wife and Son
    • I also work later than normal working hours sometimes, which requires me to be on the road later at night. During my travel from home to my place of work it is normally dark and had to make use of roads that is well known for the regular hotspots for robberies and hijackings.
    • I would have to stop travelling in order to minimise the potential threat I may encounter on the road, if I cannot protect my life and property adequately and within reason (I will then have to be at home continuously). That I cannot reasonably do as I will lose my job and it will have a serious impact on my income and I will not be able to take care for my loved ones.
    • In spite of having comprehensive security measures in place, they aren't impenetrable, and the firearm will be the last line of defence to stop an attack on my own or another person's life.
    • I am not getting younger, and it is becoming more and more difficult to reasonably defend my loved ones and myself other than by the means of a firearm.
    • Regarding the criminal activity in ******* ***** where I stay, I have included statistics for this area as well as my work areas and surrounding passing area.
    • My property have a Pre-Cast wall on the side of the premises and closed off pre-cast wall that reduces sight from outside.
    • In addition to the fencing, we have a medium sized dog which scare intruders but recent newspaper articles and reports shows that dogs get poisoned on a regular basis which then leads to criminals coming in to the yard and house without permission.
    • I only now apply for a license for self-protection because I have not felt the need for a firearm until now. It is clear that the time has come for me to acquire a handgun to protect my own life and that of my family after noticing all the horrifying incidents regarding life threatening situations in and around our living area and work area. I have no other means of protecting my family and my own life in any other manner and that the use of this handgun will be my last resort of defence.
    • Therefore, I have to turn to the rights as a law abiding citizen of South Africa as these are, “inter alia”, defined in Sections 11 and 25 in our Constitution, which gives me and my loved ones the right to life. It has come to my attention that I now have reached a stage whereby I need to seriously depend on these rights to self-preservation.
    • I have included statistics for Pretoria (where we live), Alexandra (which I pass through daily) and Edenvale (where I work).
    • The firearm would be the last resort in situation where there is no other way to protect my loved ones and myself.

Safe Storage
    I have installed a SABS safe, which have been roll bolted to the floor, wall and sidewall of the closet with closing doors, which would be the storage unit where the firearm will be stored when not in use or not on myself in person. (Find attached photos of bolted down safe).

The safe can be inspected at any given time.

Final Word
    It is my truthful and complete intention to comply with the Firearms Control Act and all that is said in my motivation is true and correct at the time of the compilation of this document.

Adding to then extensive above explained and background given, I hereby respectfully request that the Central Firearms Registry (The Registrar) grant me a license for this specific firearm, CZ 83 CAL.9 Browning with SN: *****, for the purpose of self-protection as it is my absolute last resort of protecting myself and loved

Best Regards
    **** **** ****** Signature: _______________ Date: _______________
    Cell: *** *** ****
    Email: ********@gmail.com

Please find attached supporting documents:

• Copy of ID
    • Copy of Police Competency Certificate
    • Copy of Proficiency Certificate
    • Copy of Statement of Results
    • Proof of Residence
    • Character References
    • Review of CZ 83 CAL.9 Browning
    • Simplified Crime Statistics (******* *****, Alexandra and Edenvale)

Note. Statistics was quoted and numbers may slightly differ from current date.

• Various Newspaper articles to support Statistics and Motivation Letter

Versatility
    The CZ-83 makes for a great concealed carry option, especially for those shooters looking for a more affordable carry option. The high capacity, low recoil and reliability that the weapon offers cannot be overlooked when considering self-protection. In addition to its utility as a concealed carry weapon, the CZ-83 also makes for a great gun to enjoy on the range for recreational purposes.
    Simplicity
    The design of the CZ-83 is very simple. Field stripping takes less than a minute, which allows for easy cleaning and maintenance, and the fixed, three-dot sight system makes acquiring a target a breeze.
    It may not be the prettiest gun on the market, but the simplicity and usefulness of the design more than make up for that.
    Final Verdict
    If you are in the market for a budget concealed carry pistol or simply want to add a new handgun to your collection, you really can't go wrong with the CZ-83. As long as you can live with the utilitarian appearance and the relatively considerable weight, you are almost sure to be satisfied with this firearm.

Another variation of CZ-83, with reshaped trigger guard

Cz-83 diagram
    Type: Double Action
    Calibre: 9×18 mm Makarov, 9×17 mm (.380ACP), 7.65×17 mm (.32ACP)
    Overall length: 172 mm
    Weight: 920 g loaded
    Barrel length: 96 mm
    Magazine capacity: 12 rounds (9mm), 15 rounds (7.65mm)

The Vz.82 pistol is a standard sidearm of the Czech army since 1982. Vz.82 was manufactured from 1983 to 1992, when it was merged with similar commercial design CZ-83 (originally offered in 7.65 Browning and 9mm Browning Short). Since 1992 and until now, only CZ-83 is manufactured in all three chambering’s, to save the costs. Vz.82 was developed to replace the obsolete 7.62mm Vz.52 pistols then in service with Czechoslovak army. During early 1980s Czechoslovak army, under pressure from USSR, replaced the older 7.62x25mm ammunition with Soviet 9x18mm Makarov ammunition, which also required a new pistol. Instead of simply taking the Soviet design (Makarov PM) along with its cartridge, Czechs developed their own pistol, which, in some respects, is superior to the "gun of the big brother" (Makarov PM). They also produced their own 9×18 ammunition as "pistolovy naboj Vz.82", which they claimed to be 20% more powerful than standard Soviet 9×18 PM ammunition. The Vz.82 pistol, developed at the CZ factory in Uhersky Brod, has greater magazine capacity (12 rounds vs. 8), better fit and finish, and much better ergonomics. On the other hands, Vz.82 is more complicated and, thus, is more expensive to make. Still, it is an excellent and reliable pistol, one of the best defensive pistols on the market today. It is somewhat heavy by modern standards, but the all-steel construction makes it almost indestructible, and additional weigh helps to control pistol in rapid fire.
    Seeing the commercial potential of this pistol, Czechs brought it to the international market under the designation of CZ-83. It is now available in its original chambering, 9x18mm Makarov, as well as in 9x17mm Browning Short (.380ACP) and 7.65x17mm Browning (.32ACP).
    The CZ-83 is a blowback-operated pistol with fixed barrel. Return spring is located around the barrel. Double action trigger with exposed hammer has a very smooth pull in both SA and DA modes. Ambidextrous frame-mounted safety locks the slide and sear when engaged, allowing for "cocked and locked" carry. Frame and slide are made of high grade steel. Magazine capacity is 12 rounds, sights are of fixed type and dovetailed into the slide.

User

Hi all. Firstly, this is a great thread and I have learned quite a bit reading through it - thanks to all who have contributed.

I have 3 rifles licensed for occasional hunting and will submit my first application for section 16 - dedicated hunting. I have bought a rifle with three barrels which can be interchanged (243, 300wm, 275).

Has anybody done a motivation for this scenario before? As I have received 3 separate SAPS forms from the dealer I know I will submit 3 applications. My questions being - do I need to specifically motivate the fact that the three calibres are essentially part of one rifle system? Secondly, how does the section 16 motivation differ from the occasional hunting applications which I have used in the past - do I need to add additional info (apart from my association accreditation)?

Hi all,

Competency been approved for myself and missus(sec 13, first gun), finishing up motivation and application.
    Took some examples and applying to our situation.

Is it worth it to join Natshoot before application? Our motivation would practically be the same, do you foresee any problems with this?

As far as I understand it, we can use the stamped competency certificate to purchase and motivate and not need to wait for printed card?

User

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaW View Post
    Hi all,

Competency been approved for myself and missus(sec 13, first gun), finishing up motivation and application.

Is it worth it to join Natshoot before application? Our motivation would practically be the same, do you foresee any problems with this?

As far as I understand it, we can use the stamped competency certificate to purchase and motivate and not need to wait for printed card?
    Hi Joshua,

You don't need to join Natshoot if your application is for self defence firearm.

Join them if you can but for DSS (Dedicated status)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaW View Post
    Hi all,

Definitely don't need to join Natshoot for a Section 13, you'll soon be joining when you start going into more licenses.

Can't see there being any problems with similar motivations for husband and wife, you are after all, in similar circumstances.

Yes you can motivate on the competency certificate. I did, and got my license, my license card, and had my firearm in my possession for 2 months before my competency card reached my DFO.

Good luck!

Hey All.

I am busy with my motivation for Sec13. Should I mention the bullet hole in my bedroom door and cupboard from a armed home invasion & shooting that took place in 1993?

The story that I got from my landlord is that his grandfather was attacked in by three armed BMs in his cottage. He was shot immediately, but was able to return fire from his bed (bullet through door and cupboard). His son and daughter-in-law were at the main house on the property and were armed. They responded to the shooting as well, but I have not been given any other details after that.

It is impossible to find the CAS number for this one. The daughter-in-law is still alive and runs a local NGO; she also works closely with SAPS on some of her cases. I am very reluctant to ask her for more details as I don't want to pick at any emotional scars.

Should I mention the above on my motivation along with the patched up door/cupboard bullet hole? Perhaps I can ask her if I may give them her number as a reference?

Thanks

User

I don't think a 26 year old crime is relevant to your sec13
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris999 View Post
    Hey All.I am busy with my motivation for Sec13. Should I mention the bullet hole in my bedroom door and cupboard from a armed home invasion & shooting that took place in 1993? The story that I got from my landlord is that his grandfather was attacked in by three armed BMs in his cottage. He was shot immediately, but was able to return fire from his bed (bullet through door and cupboard). His son and daughter-in-law were at the main house on the property and were armed. They responded to the shooting as well, but I have not been given any other details after that. It is impossible to find the CAS number for this one. The daughter-in-law is still alive and runs a local NGO; she also works closely with SAPS on some of her cases. I am very reluctant to ask her for more details as I don't want to pick at any emotional scars. Should I mention the above on my motivation along with the patched up door/cupboard bullet hole? Perhaps I can ask her if I may give them her number as a reference?Thanks

User

I agree with the above post. I don't think it has any relevance.

Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast