Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: STICKY: Motivation Letter Ideas and Examples.

Attached is the 2ND page of my app,

The first page is personal info, I would need to blank out just about everthing.

1st para
    Full Name ID, home and work Addy, tel numbers, type of dwelling - free standing, Name of Company and Type of Company ( industrial, IT, Promo ...._)
    What I do there .

2ND para.

List of Firearms I currently own. Yes it is a repeat of the prescribed form, but it adds depth and insight to the person looking at THIS page

3rd para
    I intend to dispose of some of my current Firearms should this one be approved .

4Th para
    I passed the required test, unit standards applicable.

5Th

type of safe how it is secured, inspected and approved by the cops

6Th

List of all associations, affiliations, fellowships, fraternities and..........

I added all certificates,

proof of occupation, deposits slips, afterhours airport parking slips.

Photo's of stock, home office, vehicles with stock at airport. and and,

Bank statement wrt bond, copy of house deed.

Proof of purchase of Bakkie for Work and, and.

Pics of me doing "combat shooting" years ago.

I hope this help.

Please, Please do not copy mine word for word- CFR will get a sniff in the nose if all the app's start to sound the same ( they probably read this forum daily)
    I'm just giving you and example of what mine looks like.

I must also add that I had mine done by Company that focuses on firearm applications.

Banned

Wow... the silence on this thread is disturbing... :'(

Where're the rest of the positive motivations that led to licenses being issued? C'mon brothers surely all you ninjas that brag with your brand spanking new Glocks, H&Ks, S&Ws etc. have motivated successfully for a license? If yes, man up! Or are we falling for the CFRs divide and conquer ploy again? md217

User

A thread of this flavour was already started but did not get "started": http://www.gunsite.co.za/forum/index...=2070.msg23558

I copied my post in here.

I'll post what they told me in my rejection letter. Seems like a bit of a generic reply. By addressing these issues point by point I won my appeal. This was for self-defence\sport. Main reason self-defence:

1.“You failed to provide any supplementary documentation in support of your reasons and to substantiate the need namely, self-defence for which the firearm is required.”

2.“You failed to provide any substantive and /or adequate reasons in order to proof that a need exist to possess the particular firearm and that the need cannot be satisfied by any other means than possessing the said firearm.”

3.“You failed to convince the Registrar that there exist circumstances or reasons that necessitate the possession of a handgun.”

4.“You failed to convince the Registrar why the specific firearm is the most suitable for the purpose as required namely, self-defence.”

5.“You did not provide any documentary proof of your participation in sport shooting or any proof that you belong to a sport association, club or organisation.”

6.“You did not indicate your affiliation at a sport club or participation in sport activities.”

7.“You failed to indicate that you participate, from time to time, in sport shooting activities.”

8.“You did not indicate the degree of proficiency you attained.”

Banned

OK, I'm not quite sure where this thread is supposed to be, but I'll continue posting successful motivations here.

I had this one approved today (thankfully before 30 June!!!). The application was submitted early November 2008. I didn't do much phoning, emailing, threatening and following up with this specific application so that may explain why this application took so long (7 months)! It's a motivation for a bolt-action rimfire to be used in 3-gun IDPA and I have DSS status. I hope it can help anyone that has to submit a similar application. Sterkte and good luck!

User

you all need layer cakes for brother.

Always ask you self what have you done up to this point that will solve your problems without buying a weapon.

They broke into your house, you put up barbed wire,
    they broke into your house, you put in burglar bars,
    they broke into your house you put up trelly doors
    and still they broke into your house and threatened you.
    now you need a gun!

although i think its a bit late for re-licensing now ;)
    ill put up my layer cake approved motivation for a self defence pistol, when its approved

(but my reservist duties allowed me to put together a whole page extra, something along the lines of "you give me / deem me responsible enough to use a state weapon to enforce the law with on a weekly baisis, i dare you to not deem me responsible enough to own my own firearm to protect myself with all the sh1t that happens in my area, but in pretty flowery layer words grn1)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shooter

5.“You did not provide any documentary proof of your participation in sport shooting or any proof that you belong to a sport association, club or organisation.”

6.“You did not indicate your affiliation at a sport club or participation in sport activities.”

7.“You failed to indicate that you participate, from time to time, in sport shooting activities.”

So does one need to get a letter from a shooting club indicating that you participate in shooting sports to counter points 5 6 7? Do clubs offer such services? (ie issuing certificates/letters of participation?)

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter

So does one need to get a letter from a shooting club indicating that you participate in shooting sports to counter points 5 6 7? Do clubs offer such services? (ie issuing certificates/letters of participation?)

You get membership letters from IDPA. These also indicate whether you are dedicated or not. Print out score sheets.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Something I do on ea appl is to paste a picture of the said gun I am applying for. Lets face it, these are no brain surgeons we sending our apps to, so in the case of a 'sporting gun', show them what it looks like, make the whole picture as clear as possible for everyone to understand what you after.
    It also shows effort from your side.
    I also attach ea and every club certificate, good target, reviews, score sheets etc etc. If it takes them 10min to read it all, good!

User

Hey all,
    Come on guys, there must be more successful motivations to be shared????

It's probably the pessimist in me but I'm feeling more and more anxious about getting rejected for my new SD application.
    I don't seem to do 'enough' outdoor activities and I can't lay all my motivation on the fact that work puts me in 'harms way' because they'll reject it telling me work needs to supply me with the firearm, not myself privately.

This is ridiculous that I've got to virtually sell my soul or be on the verge of brushing with death on a daily basis due to my lifestyle in order to get a fricken licence. I'm starting to regret getting started with this whole thing...the only thing keeping me going is the fact that I've spent the money already...I'll need to write myself a motivation just to get interested again.

One thing that I noted here and felt I should mention. When I was putting in my motivations for SD, I was told by a Sen Supt at CFR to under no circumstances put that you need the firearm for work. If that is the case, they will insist that your employer provide you with a firearm and that's a whole new ball game.

Rather put something to the effect that you often work late and feel that you need an SD FA for personal protection on the way to and from work etc etc.

The Supt I spoke to was pretty hard on the point. Kept repeating it to me over and over. So watch out for this...

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast