Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Default Re: STICKY: Motivation Letter Ideas and Examples.

My application was successful and I used the self defence argument, but I also made it quite clear that I understood that a firearm is a last resort and if I have alternatives I would use those. I mentioned what alternatives I would use instead of walking around gung ho and shooting everything that moves. Example what do you do when you hear a noise in your house and suspect that some one has broken in. Well first of all you should have secure gate that seperates the sleeping area from the rest of the house. Then you should fetch the children and blockade yourself on the main bedroom by putting stuff in front of the door and call the security company and police and wait for help to arrive. And then only then if the criminals come looking for you and get into the bedroom then fire away because now you are threatened.

Guys we have to understand that gone are the days when you can just shoot someone for simply stealing your TV.

So try something similar, also mention how secure your house is like what security measures you in place to protect the firearm, just mentioning that its in gun safe is not enough

Cheers hope that helps

User

Default Re: STICKY: Motivation Letter Ideas and Examples.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigal
    Hey all,
    Come on guys, there must be more successful motivations to be shared????

It's probably the pessimist in me but I'm feeling more and more anxious about getting rejected for my new SD application.
    I don't seem to do 'enough' outdoor activities and I can't lay all my motivation on the fact that work puts me in 'harms way' because they'll reject it telling me work needs to supply me with the firearm, not myself privately.

This is ridiculous that I've got to virtually sell my soul or be on the verge of brushing with death on a daily basis due to my lifestyle in order to get a fricken licence. I'm starting to regret getting started with this whole thing...the only thing keeping me going is the fact that I've spent the money already...I'll need to write myself a motivation just to get interested again.
    Hang in there!

User

I finally submitted my application today so have no idea whether it will be successful or not. I did use the services of Legally Armed for my application and if there's one important thing I've learned about the application it is this: What ever you mention as part of motivation, BACK IT UP WITH PROOF.

Photo, receipt, affidavit from witness, print out from reputable website, you name it, back it up.
    The guy from Legally Armed said he's learned his lesson and the majority of declined applications he's seen in the past have been 'lack of proof'. If you say it, prove it and it removes the excuse that you didn't provide the proof. Makes sense to me.

User

My last application for a .222 consisted of 76 pages of written motivation, hunting licences, import permits for meat, invitations, photo's and anything else I could think of. I do agree ful heartedly that you cannot sent to much.

Even pictures of my wife and kids working the meat.

CC

User

Quote Originally Posted by prodigal View Post
    I finally submitted my application today so have no idea whether it will be successful or not. I did use the services of Legally Armed for my application and if there's one important thing I've learned about the application it is this: What ever you mention as part of motivation, BACK IT UP WITH PROOF.

Photo, receipt, affidavit from witness, print out from reputable website, you name it, back it up.
    The guy from Legally Armed said he's learned his lesson and the majority of declined applications he's seen in the past have been 'lack of proof'. If you say it, prove it and it removes the excuse that you didn't provide the proof. Makes sense to me.
    Legally Armed Western Cape does all my apps for me, I can only sing their Praises.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Phil View Post
    Legally Armed Western Cape does all my apps for me, I can only sing their Praises.
    If you don't mind sharing, what is a ball park cost when using Legally Armed?

Hi All,

I'm going to be submitting my forms/motivation tomorrow for my .22 rifle.

If anyone has any examples of motivations for me to look over, I'd really appreciate it if you could post them up/mail me.
    Many thanks,
    Justin

User

Quote Originally Posted by SWATG View Post
    I pretty much have a standard way of applying for handguns, and it works every time, ok bear in mind that my applications have a couple of extras about who I train etc. but even on the training side I never had any problems even it is not "SETA" give me a couple of days then I will gladly give you guys a "standard" guideline on what I use.
    swattie, any more info regarding this?

User

Default Ideas for Motivation Letters

In the absense of SAPS/CFR guidelines about the content of respective motivations, I have listed ALL the questions the CFR have provided on license applications which they refused and turned that into the positive to act as guidelines for Sec 13/15/16 license applications. This has given me my 100% track record in motivations thus far. Although your request is noble, this is my field of speciality and service delivery and I prefer to maintain them as "intellectual property". I do deliver this service at a very reasonable fee.

User

Any 9mm?? lol.

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast