Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast

Default Re: STICKY: Motivation Letter Ideas and Examples.

Thanks A-R and Toxxyc

User

OK. Wow I read all 58 pages in one go.
    First a sip of wine before I ask my question.

I currently own a Star 9mm Mod 30MI licenced for SD. 27 years old.
    I intend on buying a CZ P10C to be licenced under S16.
    Obviously motivation is tricky.

I can use:
    Accuracy
    Weight
    Trigger pull
    Ergonomics

But it still feels like I need something “bigger”.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Dankie

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    OK. Wow I read all 58 pages in one go.
    First a sip of wine before I ask my question.

I currently own a Star 9mm Mod 30MI licenced for SD. 27 years old.
    I intend on buying a CZ P10C to be licenced under S16.
    Obviously motivation is tricky.

I can use:
    Accuracy
    Weight
    Trigger pull
    Ergonomics

But it still feels like I need something “bigger”.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Dankie
    I assume that since you applying under section 16 you do some form of sport shooting.... Even if its with NHSA.

I would mention that since the Star is your EDC pistol, and spares are more difficult to come by due to the age of the FA, you need the P10c for sport so as not to cause damage and compromise your self defense weapon

Worked for me

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

User

Mr Kalomin
    I dont know if you can help me with my motivation for hand gun i tried writing it myself without sucess .the last apllication failed reason lack or motivation. I work as mechanic travel a lot at night repairing trucks for the company .if you can help my number is 0730446851 im available on whtaspp

User

I also wrote my own, handed it in today, its a lot of paper and I just pray that it was good enough, just didnt have the R500.00 - R950.00 for someone to write it.

User

Good morning

I need assistance!!! I need a motivation letter for a 308 rifle. I inherent the gun from my father - he used it in the previous "kommando" for target shooting and wanted my son to have it when he is older (now 14 years) I have all the training and certificates for handgun, shotgun and rifle. But currently I can't motivate it for hunting purposes as it is not fitted with a telescope...? I also need to license a shotgun and 30-06 rifle. Currently I have a handgun licensed on my name. If you can help I will appreciate

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maresa View Post
    Good morning

I need assistance!!! I need a motivation letter for a 308 rifle. I inherent the gun from my father - he used it in the previous "kommando" for target shooting and wanted my son to have it when he is older (now 14 years) I have all the training and certificates for handgun, shotgun and rifle. But currently I can't motivate it for hunting purposes as it is not fitted with a telescope...? I also need to license a shotgun and 30-06 rifle. Currently I have a handgun licensed on my name. If you can help I will appreciate
    Hi Maresa,

Firstly, pop by the Introductions sections and post something about who are are and perhaps some of your hobbies, or just say howzit! (it's a basic requirement for the forum )

Secondly, what rifle is the 308 and how is it configured? Heavy barrel or stock? Are you planning on fitting it with a scope?

Secondly, have you considered perhaps joining NatShoot? - https://natshoot.co.za/
    They're a great organisation and can offer endorsements (hunting and sport shooting) of various firearms where applicable. It's also pretty straight forward to get dedicated status should you wish to own more than 4 firearms.

User

Quote Originally Posted by marshy View Post
    Hi Maresa,

Firstly, pop by the Introductions sections and post something about who are are and perhaps some of your hobbies, or just say howzit! (it's a basic requirement for the forum )

Secondly, what rifle is the 308 and how is it configured? Heavy barrel or stock? Are you planning on fitting it with a scope?

Secondly, have you considered perhaps joining NatShoot? - https://natshoot.co.za/
    They're a great organisation and can offer endorsements (hunting and sport shooting) of various firearms where applicable. It's also pretty straight forward to get dedicated status should you wish to own more than 4 firearms.
    Additionally to that they offer samples of motivations so you can write your own, I used it to write my section 13 which got approved a few days ago.

Hi all.

I'm a complete newbie, busy applying for my first SD licence for a Taurus 38 special, getting the FA from a family member so basically free. Will look into getting a semi-auto at a later stage.
    Please can I have feedback on my motivation letter below. There are lots of differing opinions, some say keep it short and to the point while others say put in every single piece of information you can think of.
    I am leaning towards the former.

Motivation Letter to Carry a Firearm for Self-Defence
    Applicant: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ID Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Firearm: Taurus .38 Special Revolver
    Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXX
    SECTION 13 OF THE
    FIREARMS CONTROL ACT 60 OF 2000
    (SELF-DEFENCE)

Address where applicant resides and firearm will be kept:
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Contact details:
    Cell no: XXXXXXXXXXX
    Education
    I have a Grade 12 certificate
    Employment
    I am employed by XXX

Security and safe keeping:
    I reside in a house constructed of brick and mortar. The house is a semi-detached, there is a boundary wall and electric fencing around my property, I have a monitored alarm system with perimeter beams, I have outdoor lightning, burglar proofing and lockable front and back doors and security gates.
    I have the required safe bolted to a brick wall and I will be the custodian of the keys.

What will the firearm be used for?
    Section 13 – Firearm for Self Defence.
    I will be using the firearm to protect my own life and the life of my family.
    I travel daily for work, often through dangerous areas and often feel unsafe.
    I understand that the use of a firearm is a last resort and will use all other means available to protect my life and the life of my family before using the firearm.
    I take the responsibility of owning a firearm extremely seriously and will always obey the laws as set out by the South African Government.

Technical features of the firearm:
    The handgun is a .38 calibre revolver pistol.

Attached herewith the following documentation:

• SAPS 271 application
    • Certified copy of training certificate
    • Certified copy of Statement of Training Results for Knowledge of the Firearms Control Act, 2000 (Act No. 60 of 2000) and Handle and Use of a Handgun
    • Certified valid SAPS competency certificate
    • Certified copy of ID document
    • Pictures of safe keeping facilities
    • Sales letter from previous firearm owner
    • Certified copy of previous owners’ firearm licence
    • Certified copy of previous owners’ ID document

I confirm that I remain compliant with the competency provisions of the Firearms Control Act in that:

I am older than 21 years;
    I am a South African citizen;
    I believe I am a fit and proper person for the reasons more fully detailed below;
    I am of stable mental condition and I am not inclined to violence;
    I do not depend on any substance, which has an intoxicating or narcotic affect;
    I have not been convicted of any offence under or in terms of the Act or the Firearms Control Act.
    I have not been convicted of any offence involving the unlawful use of handling of a firearm;
    I have not been convicted of any offence involving fraud;
    I have not been convicted of any offence involving the negligent handling of a firearm;
    I have not been declared unfit to possess a firearm;
    As appears below, I have completed the prescribed training regarding the safe handling of a firearm.

I see myself and am seen by others as an ethical and moral person.

Your favourable consideration will be highly appreciated.

Regards

XXXXXXXX
    Signed:________________ on ___ day of ______ at ________________

Quote Originally Posted by Maresa View Post
    Good morning

In my motivations for both 7x57 and .22LR I have never mentioned a scope or that the rifles have scopes fitted. Both applications were approved so I would motivate why the .3006 is the calibre you need.

In my motivations I always make sure that I can satisfy these 5 points (Think this is from CHASA or NHSA as points to satisfy):
    1) That I have a need for a bolt-action for hunting / shooting purposes (Target practise, LR or SR Hunting, Vermin control etc)
    2) Why the particular calibre is the most suitable calibre for my requirements (existing firearms not suitable etc)
    3) That I participate in occasional hunting or shooting (as is relevant)
    4) I have access to farms or venues to shoot or hunt on
    5) That I am suitably "qualified" for the rifle (no criminal record, recommendations, character references)

My 2 cents..
    Last edited by DaavG; 31-07-2018 at 16:51. Reason: spelling

Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast