Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default SAPS Reservist training

Seems like there are a lot of people here that knows how this works.

Thinking about joining, either Honeydew or Fairland.

What training do you go for and when does it take place? Also how long?

User

Default Re: SAPS Reservist training

Check the saps website. All details are on there. At they moment they are not accepting new reservists as far as i know.

Also do a search here on GS. There is a ver recent reservist thread

There are no specifics on the website. Or maybe I am "blind" . Tried searching also but found nothing I was looking for.

User

Read that thread and no info wrt training. The saps website also doesn't state the detail that I need. Is the 3 - 6 months a full time thing or can it be done in the evenings etc

User

Alright. I'm sure when the other guys wake up in the morning they will help you with the info that you're looking for

Training is normally in the evenings, as well certain Saturdays and Sundays. There are different modules that needs to be completed and assessments passed for each module. Training lasts about six months, and during this time you can perorm duty in the CSC. Once your training is completed successfully you will be performing full functional policing duties, i.e. work in the CSC, Crime Prevention, Complaints & Patrol etc.
    Gun shows are like strip clubs, you get to see alot, touch a little, but nothing ever comes home with you.

User

Our training was every Tuesday and Thursday night, from 7 to 9, and like RP said, some saturdays and sundays. Weekends were usually reserved for firearms training or written assessments.

However, with the new NI, training has apparently been revised, so commenting on it now is more that likely moot.
    Beware the killer ræbbit of Caerbannog! Look, that ræbbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide. It's a killer!!! He's got huge, sharp... eh, he can leap about... LOOK AT THE BONES!!!
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw&sns=em[/URL]

WR I think that training might differ in content but still be delivered in the same time slots. So quick question I know way back we would sometimes be on courses where reservist members were also present, these would be week, two week and sometimes longer courses do the reservists up here attend those full time courses or do they some how package the training to suit those who cannot commit? I know M Kop is closed but dont they send reservists to Jakkalsdans etc? How do they do a tacpol (if the still do that) SWAT, Adv SWAT, High Risk courses here for reservists? I know in the Cape they had a whole group of very committed reservists (the Undertakers) all of whom had done SWAT etc
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

I went to the office where I want to join.
    Training between 3 and 6 months trainee dependent. Wednesday evenings and Saturdays.

They are not taking in new guys atm but he said I should go see him again at the end of the month as they are waiting for the email confirming that they can start taking in new ppl again.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast