User

Default SWAT Shooting Range, MSR ban... an update, and an 'open day'.

Hi Guys. (Mods, please feel free to move this if in the wrong section)

Some further feedback regarding the ban of MSR's at SWAT Shooting Range.

I will attempt to provide more info when I have it, but based on my 'chat' with Leo, attendee's will get 'certified' in order top allow them to use their MSR's at the range in future, so it appears to be very important for you to attend. (Those Northern Gauteng IPSC guys who want to shoot the first handgun league for the year will have to do so on the Sunday).

Below some correspondence between myself and Leo.

-------------------
    Hi Leo

Firstly, a very Happy New year to you sir. I hope 2015 is a great year for you.

I would just like to thank you for taking the time to personally call everyone who complained about the situation at the range WRT the Semi-Auto Rifles (Just a note: ‘MSR’ is “Modern Sporting Rifle” J We are trying to stop the negative image, LOL).

It shows excellent customer service on your part. Thanks for that.

You mentioned that you want to conduct a ‘MSR Information Day’ on or around the 25th of January? Is there any more information on this at this time? (I would like to assist in getting the word out.)

Thanks in advance.

------------------------
    Hi Brendon,

Thanks for the feedback and yes , lets make it a good one!

yes my dates was wrong it is Saturday the 24th. 08:30 for 9, we will have a short talk, then move to a range and shoot a couple of rounds together, explaining the do's and dont's, and at about 13:00 will have a braai to chat casually.

I will appreciate it if you can spread the word, no fees except the range fees as normal,

the owners ‎of the range have adjusted the day fee to R130 per person per day, just for your info as well.

‎regards

Leo

User

Default Re: SWAT Shooting Range, MSR ban... an update, and an 'open day'.

So even though I'm a dedicated sport shooter I need to go and sit through this if I want to compete in a rifle league at this range?

In my opinion SAPSA should either get a concession or otherwise move the shoot to a range that's serious about the sport.

User

This has nothing to do with SAPSA ... at least, not at this time.

You are assuming that such a concession does not already exist. And you know what they say about assumptions, right?

Will there only be one "certification" held?

User

Quote Originally Posted by PistolBoy View Post
    Will there only be one "certification" held?
    Will be sure to ask.

User

Met Leo at the range and had a chat with him . Firstly he is open to suggestions and solutions, he said if you have any feedback or reccomendation please phone him or meet him at the range. He emphasized what a huge issue that incident had become, and that closing the range down is not a joke. He has got various issues from all sides regarding the incident that took place. I have dealt with Leo in the past and can confidently say he is not the kind of guy that will mess you around. If you are serious about this issue, call him or meet with him. He is trying hard from his side.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    Met Leo at the range and had a chat with him . Firstly he is open to suggestions and solutions, he said if you have any feedback or reccomendation please phone him or meet him at the range. He emphasized what a huge issue that incident had become, and that closing the range down is not a joke. He has got various issues from all sides regarding the incident that took place. I have dealt with Leo in the past and can confidently say he is not the kind of guy that will mess you around. If you are serious about this issue, call him or meet with him. He is trying hard from his side.
    My impression of him also, is that he is a stand-up guy. He is not trying to make things difficult, but rather finds himself in a difficult situation.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    This has nothing to do with SAPSA ... at least, not at this time.

You are assuming that such a concession does not already exist. And you know what they say about assumptions, right?
    Well it actually does, as there's a rifle league scheduled to take place there.

The mail said anyone that wants to shoot an AR at the range, made no reference to organisations being granted dispensation, as such I didn't assume anything

User

Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak View Post
    Well it actually does, as there's a rifle league scheduled to take place there.

The mail said anyone that wants to shoot an AR at the range, made no reference to organisations being granted dispensation, as such I didn't assume anything
    If you had been following this issue from the beginning, you would know that MSR's are allowed under supervision of an RO... which includes SAPSA RO's.

Therefore, said rifle league shoot will go ahead under thise guidelines.

The "anyone" you refer to would include the general public where no RO is neccessarily present to stop them behavung like hooligans.

Anyway... I am not affilliated to SWAT in any official capacity. If anyone wants further info, please contact Leo directly.