Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm

User

Default Re: 9mm

G17, G34, or Sig P226

User

G17. Can be used for EDC with your frame size, can be used for sport (IPSC stock I think and of course IDPA), plenty of ammo available and cheaper to shoot and reload for, easy enough to carry concealed for EDC, plenty of accessories (eg excellent holsters, mag carriers etc), very good parts availability and backup via Bernhard Agencies, cheaper spares (ie fiddly bits and especially magazines!), very easy to use gun in general, the stock gun is perfectly acceptable, no great need for upgrade parts. Only reason not to get one is if you 'don't like Glocks' (for whatever reasons). My 2c. Sort of like the iPhone of guns. But without Steve Jobs. Also a lot louder than an iPhone. And more fun. Perhaps less socially acceptable. Better conversation piece though. But now I'm getting out of hand.

User

Glock 17 gen4 with biggest backstrap. R8000, then geoff holster and mag pouches, two extra mags, earmuffs. Total of R10000 and you good to go for just about any sport. If R10000 just for gun then get the glock 34.

Enjoy whatever you choose

User

G17 then.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Glock 17 gen4 with biggest backstrap. R8000, then geoff holster and mag pouches, two extra mags, earmuffs. Total of R10000 and you good to go for just about any sport. If R10000 just for gun then get the glock 34.

Enjoy whatever you choose
    +1. G17 will fit your requirements perfectly, plus you can carry it if needs be, without worrying about concealability.

User

If sport, then G34 is first prize...if you're capped at R10k all in, then G17 + accessories as mentioned above...personally I'll just work harder until I can afford the G34...but thats just me...I'm weird

User

G17 and live with no regrets thereafter-if you plan to shoot in Production division of IPSC bear in mind that the 34 and 35 glock's are not allowed,and will push you up to standard Division.

Get the GLOCK for the following reasons:
    1:It's cheap
    2:It's super reliable
    3:It's simple
    4:It's pretty
    5:It's a GLOCK

User

Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak View Post
    If sport, then G34 is first prize...if you're capped at R10k all in, then G17 + accessories as mentioned above...personally I'll just work harder until I can afford the G34...but thats just me...I'm weird
    Beat you to it, did I? *insert evil laugh here* - Have a 34 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by dunn2240 View Post
    G17 and live with no regrets thereafter-if you plan to shoot in Production division of IPSC bear in mind that the 34 and 35 glock's are not allowed,and will push you up to standard Division.
    Correct ... 34 AND 35 are not legal for Production division... indeed, will need to shoot in Standard.

The 34 makes an awesome IPSC Standard Division Gun if you don't mind shooting Minor PF.

User

So its settled but a clock 17 gen 3 or 4?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast