Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Default Re: Farm Attacks In South Africa

Bring back the commandos! What gets my goat, and please correct me if I am wrong, but they were disbanded with the promise that government would provide protection but ALSO that no private "military" or paramilitary organization may exist?

How am I doing so far?

WTF is the MK still there for?!? We have SANDF and that should be it according to what they said! Lies and contradictions!

By doing nothing AND screwing FA owners AND making it exceptionally hard to protect yourself AND protecting criminals they are making the situation worse! Add to that the arrogance of a lot of farmers. Arrogance in the form of ignoring the fact they are targets, thinking they are tougher than they are and ergo hardly arming themselves it is a situation rife with disaster!

And only when the masses go hungry, society breaks down and a possible fight for survival ensues, will the current guvvamunt go "EISH!!!!!! These people are going to eat us!"

Sad state of affairs. It really is.

People, in my view, completely miss the point when it comes to Commandos.

Historically, they were never under the auspices or control of the government. Until the old government intervened and made them subject to the defence force.

They were, in essence, neighbourhood watches.

Farmers, if they have the will to do it, can form commandos again in order to protect themselves.

Complacency kills.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    People, in my view, completely miss the point when it comes to Commandos.

Historically, they were never under the auspices or control of the government. Until the old government intervened and made them subject to the defence force.

They were, in essence, neighbourhood watches.

Farmers, if they have the will to do it, can form commandos again in order to protect themselves.

Complacency kills.
    Thanks SSP! And you are on the mark "Complacency kills".

Why have they not started their own thing again? Anyone know?

User

Quote Originally Posted by h0stag3 View Post
    And be labelled as white racist boer kommandos? That will get the governments attention, but said attention will not be in support. The farmers are not naive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by h0stag3 View Post
    Thanks SSP! And you are on the mark "Complacency kills".

I would like to venture out in speculation that it might have something to do with resources.... support, that sort of thing. Just think of our own struggle with the FCA 2000. Now a farmer who will be sacrificed for shooting an intruder and crucified potentially as being racist, needs to spend months or even years trying to chase down licenses instead of farming?

I for one believe that self preservation is a short term solution for the farmers, but I take note of GameFarmer's point of view that there has to be some form of government intervention in order to create a lasting solution.

Quote Originally Posted by GameFarmer View Post
    And be labelled as white racist boer kommandos? That will get the governments attention, but said attention will not be in support. The farmers are not naive.
    Since when are all farmers white?

Or boers?

Government attention, negative though it may be, seems to be a price that must be paid for security. Not just by farmers, but by everyone.

Not just in SA either.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by ramius35 View Post
    Now a farmer who will be sacrificed for shooting an intruder and crucified potentially as being racist, needs to spend months or even years trying to chase down licenses instead of farming?
    How is this different from anyone else in this country?
    A great deal can be blamed on the FCA. Inaction, complacency and lack of will cannot be. Realistically, licences these days are easier and quicker to obtain than they have been for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by ramius35 View Post
    I for one believe that self preservation is a short term solution for the farmers, but I take note of GameFarmer's point of view that there has to be some form of government intervention in order to create a lasting solution.
    What ever happened to the famous boer pioneering self reliant spirit? The sooner it is accepted that the state is unlikely to come to the aid of farmers, and other citizens for that matter, the better.
    Havamal

User

Since when are all farmers white?
    Or boers?
    Referring to the OP. Out of the 3185 killed, you want to take a guess?

Quote Originally Posted by GameFarmer View Post
    Referring to the OP. Out of the 3185 killed, you want to take a guess?
    So what are the rest doing about it?

Apart from alerting the media.
    Havamal

User

How is this different from anyone else in this country?
    A great deal can be blamed on the FCA. Inaction, complacency and lack of will cannot be. Realistically, licences these days are easier and quicker to obtain than they have been for some time.

What ever happened to the famous boer pioneering self reliant spirit? The sooner it is accepted that the state is unlikely to come to the aid of farmers, and other citizens for that matter, the better.
    Point taken! And I agree, however don't you think that we as a "Gunsite" community should/could be contributing with help and support? I'm not propagating Mob justice or vigilantism.. more like the a previously mentioned initiative (elsewhere on the forum) " each one, teach one". What I'm trying to get at is if you take a beautiful boerboel, proud and strong... now you beat that dog everyday, how long would that animal remain proud and strong?
    I'm not trying to say farmers are animals, more something like maybe they feel isolated... If they knew that they are not alone, maybe they would again regain that... Voortrekker spirit?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast