Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default LEO vs Sivi Training?

A can of worms, I know.....

If I had the chance to get more training , Yeh, or Neh?

I'm comparing 1980's up to 2001 Training by a qualified LOE and 'baan beampte, rank O.A.' vs current sivvy taining... (not a slap in the face,... Big T, Ross, Swat G, Swat X, TDI....)

Is this a waste of money and time, or would a sivvy, gain any skills.., by training in this way?
    "Trespassers will be welcomed, and served a light lunch"

Default Re: LEO vs Sivi Training?

Skills? Maybe, or not, in shooting probably not. But what you would gain is a different perspective on the problem, which might lead to a better appreciation of what might be going through a cops mind when he / she responds to a call at your home. Something that might be nice to have.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

well considering that with SWATX and Ross you will be gaining skills started with the police and honed onwards!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Training with Ross and SWATX, is on my "TO DO List" thanx ABHM and IKOR.

User

I can't recommend Ross highly enough. He is a top tier trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I can't recommend Ross highly enough. He is a top tier trainer.
    That coming from a top tier trainer himself.

@ Dirk777; I realised that the SAPS training I was recieving was way out dated and likely to get me killed so I went in search of better ways of doing things.

The dilemma now is that all or most of the knowledge is outside of the Govt. units. What is being taught is largely diluted and watered down training the current instructors recieved from their instructors who got it from their instructors.

Unfortunately, to a large degree, those instructors/units do not want to admit that they are not current with todays teaching and training doctrine.

Thanks Big T; much appreciated coming from you.
    He is best who is trained in the severest school! Fear no man.

I understand. Thank you for taking time to add to this thread.

So who is going to offer training (at a good price off course ;)) to the Reservist here...
    Gun shows are like strip clubs, you get to see alot, touch a little, but nothing ever comes home with you.

Quote Originally Posted by romeopappa View Post
    So who is going to offer training (at a good price off course ;)) to the Reservist here...
    I understand that everyone has a budget, but the SA guys are already getting top notch training from trainers like Ross and Big T, and others out there, at dirt cheap prices. Heck, the US trainers who come over do training for better prices in SA than in the states, and usually are subsidized by private shooters when they do come over (free air tickets, free lodging, free meals, sometimes free hunting trips, etc) else most would not bother to make the effort.

The average 3 day class in the states will run around R4000-4500m per shooter with the shooter providing everything else...ammo, lodging, meals, transportation, etc...and top level trainers like SouthNarc and now Bob Vogel...are busy all year without leaving the country.

Remember, when you pay for training, you are not just buying the training itself. You also buy (rent, really I suppose, although most instructors are always willing to give advice to past students) the experience of that instructor.

When an experienced instructor tells you to stay away from this or that item, he may well have just saved you hundreds of bucks and many frustrating hours of personal time and effort learning the same lesson HE has learned over time.

The real shame is that with all the money pissed away by SAPS and Metro agencies in SA, they still will do all they can to throw up roadblocks to outside trainers who could easily improve and update their very sad training in 'train the trainer' classes at very fair prices. Shame.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast