I'm curious; Are AR-7 or M6 Scout survival rifles popular in South Africa?

If so, what kind of price range might they be purchased at new? Are they easily found?

I appreciate the feedback.

ArmaLite AR-7
The ArmaLite AR-7 Explorer, designed by M-16 inventor Eugene Stoner, is a semi-automatic .22 Long Rifle rifle developed from the AR-5adopted by the U.S. Air Force as a pilot and aircrew survival weapon. Its intended markets today are backpackers and other recreational users as a take-down utility rifle. The AR-7 is often recommended by outdoor users of recreational vehicles (automobile, airplane or boat) who might have need for a weapon for foraging or defense in a wilderness emergency.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-7
ar7-3.jpg
ar7-2.jpg

Springfield Armory M6 Scout

The M6 Scout is a multipurpose firearm, combining rifle and shotgun. It has been in and out of commercial production several times since the late 1970s (out of production again as of March 2008). The latest models were manufactured by Česká Zbrojovka Uhersky Brod and sold bySpringfield Armory. Other variations of this firearm are the M6 Carbine and the M6 Scout Pistol. The M6 Scout was produced in two types, a standard model with Parkerized finish and a version made from rustproof stainless steel.
The M6 design and model number come from the M6 Aircrew Survival Weapon, issued to U.S. Air Forceaircrew from the late 1950s until the early 1970s. The commercial model is nearly identical to the USAF version, though there are a couple of minor cosmetic differences. There is a removable trigger guard. The greatest change is that the commercial model has a barrel length of 18.25 inches (46.4 cm) instead of the 14 inches (36 cm) barrel length of the USAF version. Athens Arms produced a 14" barreled version that qualified as "Any Other Weapon" (AOW) under theNFA exemption for the Marble Game Getter: combination of rifled and smooth bore barrels between 12 and 18 inches.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springf...rmory_M6_Scout

my-springfield-m6-scout-survival-rifle-21317382.jpg
P4110572.jpg